Thread: Firth Silver Bullet sticks?

User Info Menu

Default Firth Silver Bullet sticks?

Has anyone played/used the Vic Firth 5A Silver Bullet sticks? These are hickory 5A sticks with an aluminum tip. I can't imagine that these would be good for everyday playing, with a metal tip, particularly on cymbals. I'm sure the sound is unique, but I would be concerned about the impact (no pun intended) on the cymbals' long term health, not to mention how drum heads might be affected. Just curious.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Firth Silver Bullet sticks?

Never seen or heard of them before. I have the same feeling about metal tipped sticks as the trick bass pedal metal beaters I saw on here recently - too scary.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Firth Silver Bullet sticks?

They are available at MF for about 12.00 a pair
    This is what I found about them

Cut through the mix with amazing brilliance and clarity

The American Classic line combines tradition and Vic Firth style. With bold designs for fuller sound and deeply back-cut tips for intensified cymbal response, the American Classic drumsticks are turned from select hickory, further enhancing their durability and sound. The aluminum tip produces cymbal sounds that cut and carry with amazing brilliance and clarity. Their bright sounds offer creative options in solo‚ chamber, and percussion ensemble playing.