Thread: Any Experience with a Focusrite Scarlett?

User Info Menu

Default Any Experience with a Focusrite Scarlett?

Hey All,

Considering the purchase of the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. Since, ideally, I'd like 8 microphones to record my kit (one bass, 5 toms, snare, and high hat), figuring the remaining cymbals will take care of themselves, or alternately, doubling up some of the toms and having 2 overheads, I'd like a unit with at least 8 decent quality microphone preamps. The 18i20 is the least expensive unit with 'high quality' preamps that I've found. The Scarlett runs about $500. My thought is that I could use the Scarlett for a number of purposes, feeding my headphones, feeding my KRK powered monitors/subwoofer, and input to my computer with a 'to be selected' DAW. My new bass drum is coming with an installed Audix D6 mic, and I'm planning on a full compliment of Audix mis for the rest of this.

Thoughts?
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any Experience with a Focusrite Scarlett?

I don't have a Focusrite Scarlet, but I do have a Focusrite 14 (I'm pretty sure it's called that). It came out either right before or around the same time. Amazing sound quality and comes with super awesome plug-ins. I've used it for drums, guitars, vocals, all kinds of things. I recommend it 100%.

Here's a tune I recorded with a guitar player, everything was recorded with this thing. A bit too much compression but it works: https://www.reverbnation.com/theatow...-the-other-one

User Info Menu

I have a 2 channel scarlet. It works really good. No extra noise like I had with my line 6. I'm using studio one with it. Seems to work well.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

i got the focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 and a Liquid mix 32x

great stuff nice pres that dont fart when you push them to the limit , really nice vsts too

User Info Menu

Just got the 2 channel version for my brother to record guitars on at home. Sounds great and easy to hook up. All around A+
    Life, like drumming, is only as good as you make it.

User Info Menu

black lion do a good mod for these too

much better clock upgrade