Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    What's with the Crown Royal bags?
    We like's our CR, and every time we get a new bottle the bag ends up on my kit/s. I usually take em off for gigs but let it go this time. BTW I Just tried the new apple Crown Royal and oh my....it is delicious by itself on the rocks so I imagine I will start having some green CR bags as well.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I thought it may of been a classy "tip" jar.

User Info Menu

Why am I suddenly thinking of the Adam Sandler scene in The Hot Chick?

Beautiful Kit, MDK. I'm sure that it sounds just as good as it looks.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    ....Thanks, yes wenge is a dark african dense wood and what Yamaha uses to make the Phoenix....
    Congrats on your purchase and Beautiful kit MDK!.....one small correction to your statement above...the PHX (Phoenix) kit does not use wenge in its construction...the woods used in the PHX are jatoba, kapur, maple & ash (ash only on ash finished kits)... The similarity between the two lines is that they both are hybrids (i.e., use more than one wood type)....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    Congrats on your purchase and Beautiful kit MDK!.....one small correction to your statement above...the PHX (Phoenix) kit does not use wenge in its construction...the woods used in the PHX are jatoba, kapur, maple & ash (ash only on ash finished kits)... The similarity between the two lines is that they both are hybrids (i.e., use more than one wood type)....
    Yeah I realized it a few days after putting it there but never changed it.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Rob: did you ever get your back ordered 14" floor tom? If not, what are they telling you about possible ETA? Still love your kit, man! Thinking if I had the room (and the money), I'd get one just like yours, same color, and a third kit, a Sonor SQ2. Those, along with my DW Cherry, and I'd have all the kits I could ever want...well, sorta c
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Rob: did you ever get your back ordered 14" floor tom? If not, what are they telling you about possible ETA? Still love your kit, man! Thinking if I had the room (and the money), I'd get one just like yours, same color, and a third kit, a Sonor SQ2. Those, along with my DW Cherry, and I'd have all the kits I could ever want...well, sorta c
    WOW, yeah that would be great to own all 3 of those kits.

Yes I got my floor tom 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it, I am still getting used to the 1 up 2 down config and am not sure that I will keep it that way. Believe it or not I think I prefer the 1 up 1 down but need to give the 2 down a chance.

Knowing what I know now I probably would have saved some money and just bought the 4 pc 1 up 1 down with a snare as I still really want the matching snare the but wife would about kill me at this point.

I may try selling off the 10" tom but not sure there is a big enough market for it at this point in time.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Beautiful kit great choice imo

User Info Menu

Well found something I dont like today. Getting ready for gig tonight and decided to bring the Hybrids. Packed hardware and went to put bass drum in the BD bag and it wont fit because the legs stick out and do not collapse close enough to the drum.. ughhhhh

I am not bringing it without being in a bag so now I gotta go over to my bass players house and get the sonors. I could remove the legs but I will probably lose a washer or something so here she stays and now I gotta buy a bag big enough for a 26" I think.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Well found something I dont like today. Getting ready for gig tonight and decided to bring the Hybrids. Packed hardware and went to put bass drum in the BD bag and it wont fit because the legs stick out and do not collapse close enough to the drum.. ughhhhh

I am not bringing it without being in a bag so now I gotta go over to my bass players house and get the sonors. I could remove the legs but I will probably lose a washer or something so here she stays and now I gotta buy a bag big enough for a 26" I think.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I had the similar problem when I bought my Premier Artist Birch set - the kick was fine but the 10, 12 rack toms and the 14 FT would not fit in my cases. The toms were too tight because of the size of the mounting hardware but I found bags easily enough. The 14 FT was a real pain - the wingnuts for the legs stick out way too far and it will not fit in any 14" case or bag that I could find - they have a spring mechanism so if I remove them internals will fly out. In the end I had to buy a 16" FT case. I use polystyrene 'spacers' inside the case which I have wrapped in polythene and taped in position, otherwise the drum will rattle around inside the case!

User Info Menu

I think I would still take the kit. If you carefully pack for transportation, you should be ok. Maybe put it in the front seat or pack it tight between other cases?

Just a suggestion.
    Signature here