Thread: Looking for a drummer to put drumbeat on partially finished song

User Info Menu

Default Looking for a drummer to put drumbeat on partially finished song

I use a DAW and have written a song with guitar parts in it and I am looking for a drummer to put a drumbeat in it. It isn't finished, I only have up to the first chorus (1 min 30 sec) The timing is pretty good and you shouldn't have a problem with that. Let me know, it's a very nice song and would sonnd amazing with drums in my opinion.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Looking for a drummer to put drumbeat on partially finished song

Quote Originally Posted by marc32123 View Post
    it's a very nice song and would sound amazing with drums in my opinion.
    Welcome to DC Marc:

Here is the first thing you need to learn about each and every member on this board.............

It is a proven fact (not opinion) that all songs sound better with drums.
    This is why we exist.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

than why doesn't every song have drums then?

User Info Menu

Because not every song is good
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tamastar View Post
    Because not every song is good
    I want to add to that...
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

can you send me what you have? I cannot promise anything but will give it a shot.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Sup man..you might want to do what I'm doing and that is I've cut the whole band out and now I'm a one man show lol..I started with Addictive drums a few years back then I really didn't like trying to write drum loops with the piano grid in a lot of DAWS. The best DAW for that I found for that sort of thing was FL Studio I like how they got it laid out. But no just wasn't enough control playing loops.

I had to become a percussionist myself and I'm still on that journey. Right now I'm just a wanna be but I'm getting better>I practice everyday. But yeah I traded my son a playstation 3 for his electric kit. a yammy DTExplorer and using reaper I was able to trigger Addictive drums thru this.

You would think I'd be happy but no. This worked for a while but now I'm using acoustic drums and I've just bought a focusritte firewire rig with 8 ins/outs to record them. This didn't happen overnight but I'm telling you this can happen!
    It's an addiction with no end in sight just keep tumbling down the rabbit hole...But yeah needing drums for just a song is how it all started!