User Info Menu

Default Vic Firth Titan Drumsticks

Anyone here using these sticks ?
    Tell us about them, please.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vic Firth Titan

I've seen videos, but no stores in my area sell them. I would try them if I had the chance though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

They're supposed to be carbon fiber sticks. I'm sure they are pretty strong. I just wonder if there is any weight to them?
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I've played with them a little at Drum Bum and tested them out. I thought they felt great. Shaped well, balanced well. The only thing I didn't like was that they're slick in your hands. I think they should have corrugated the grips somehow. You'll almost have to use some kind of stick tape or drumstick sticky stuff or whatever, especially if your hands sweat a lot.

Order Vic Firth TITAN Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vic Firth Titan Drumsticks

I'm afraid they won't sound right on the ride. I'm extremely picky when it comes to the way it sounds on the ride, and I love a nice bright ting. I've even noticed that promark 747 make the ride sound clangy. Carbon fiber sticks might be a bit more flexible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Carbon fiber sticks might be a bit more flexible.
    Not trying to talk you into buying them but they're surprisingly rigid. That's one of the first things I noticed.

User Info Menu

I was also wondering about these sticks. I've been using Vic Firth Steve Gadd sticks for a while but lately they have been breaking to the point I have to buy new ones every week (for the last 6 weeks) and im tired of spending money when I could just buy a pair of Vic Firth Titans and be done for a while. I'm not to sure if I would like playing the 5b stick, can anyone tell me in comparison to the Steve Gadd stick what the Titan feels like? Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoyaDrumr! View Post
    I was also wondering about these sticks. I've been using Vic Firth Steve Gadd sticks for a while but lately they have been breaking to the point I have to buy new ones every week (for the last 6 weeks) and im tired of spending money when I could just buy a pair of Vic Firth Titans and be done for a while. I'm not to sure if I would like playing the 5b stick, can anyone tell me in comparison to the Steve Gadd stick what the Titan feels like? Thanks in advance.
    I started this thread back when I was having a similar problem.
    Except I was using VF5BN then...............5B is a good size.
    But I wound up going with VF3AN (even heavier, a little) and all is good now.
    Maybe the 5B is just what you need..............try a pair.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I should order a pair for our music store then I can try them out haha

User Info Menu

Thanks Ricardo, I'm actually heading out to the music store here in a bit to try and get a couple pair of 5b and maybe at the end of the week order a pair of the Titans. I did a favor for the owner of the store and shampooed the carpets off of a 79' Jeep hopefully he shows some gratitude.