Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to fix a broken Pearl cymbal stand..help ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Trying to fix a broken Pearl cymbal stand..help ?

The lifetime warranty is something that Pearl honors, but supposedly it's only on products purchased after July 19th, 2009. Most likely anything new(drums/stands/hardware) will be eligible for it. Just don't call them asking for a replacement blx/mlx in sequoia red or something, haha.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

SO.... here is an update . After 4 months of going back and forth between the MOOKS at Guitar Center I still have not been able to resolve the bushing issue ! I went yesterday and talked to a new person for the second time as they changed their management staff ... again . However I did get a call back from the new guy who said he had called Pearl and they would be sending me the part directly to me . But....he said I would be getting the bushing for my 900 series stand , my stand is the 850 series !! So I called the guy back and lo and behold he wasn't around . A few months back you could go to the local GC web site and send the guy an email , but they redid the site and that option is now gone . So I have to keep calling and hoping that I get him before it's too late !
    Sheesh...what a pain in the rear !!
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

A lot of hassle for bushings.

Hope that works out for you!

User Info Menu

Dang. That's a lot of work for a replacement bushing - I had a Pearl 900 series snare stand bushing fail a few years ago and when I emailed Pearl *directly* about it they were EXTREMELY fast to ship me out three replacement bushings (two of which are still sealed in the bag) within a week. I'm surprised they didn't send you out replacement parts immediately. =\

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    The lifetime warranty is something that Pearl honors, but supposedly it's only on products purchased after July 19th, 2009.
    Ah, this could be why.
    Last edited by Mike_L; 12-15-2015 at 11:33 AM.
    Drums:
    Ludwig Classic Maple
    Tama Starclassic Performer

Cymbals:
    20" K ride
    20" K custom dry ride
    16" A custom crash
    14" New Beat hats
    14" K custom dark crash
    Ensembles
    Oregon Crusaders (DCI) 09 - bass 4
    OC Indoor (WGI) '10 - Snare 3rd place PIO
    OC Indoor (WGI) '11 - Snare PIW FINALIST!
    University of Oregon marching band '09 '10 '11 - Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
    Dang. That's a lot of work for a replacement bushing - I had a Pearl 900 series snare stand bushing fail a few years ago and when I emailed Pearl *directly* about it they were EXTREMELY fast to ship me out three replacement bushings (two of which are still sealed in the bag) within a week. I'm surprised they didn't send you out replacement parts immediately. =\

edit: Ah, this could be why.
    Where did you find the email address !? That's what I was looking for when I joined this site , this was my first post . I had to go through Guitar Center . If you still have that email address can you pm it to me ? I would really appreciate it . lol
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Well the ordeal is finally over ! I got the part from GC . Yea drove all the way over there and all they sent them was one (ONE) busing ! I took my stand and I put it on at the store . Then the sales guy notices that the small bushing on the top half of the stand is cracked too !! So he said he would have the manager order the small one for me .
    I think I'm going to go the direct route this time and contact Pearl directly by mail .
    Let's see how that goes . I'm also going to direct them to this thread ....
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Well the ordeal is finally over ! I got the part from GC . Yea drove all the way over there and all they sent them was one (ONE) busing ! I took my stand and I put it on at the store . Then the sales guy notices that the small bushing on the top half of the stand is cracked too !! So he said he would have the manager order the small one for me .
    I think I'm going to go the direct route this time and contact Pearl directly by mail .
    Let's see how that goes . I'm also going to direct them to this thread ....
    Rudy .
    Hopefully it was just one bad stand.............

Good luck

User Info Menu

UPDATE :
    So the the bushing for the small tube came direct from Pearl . I had emailed them and I got a response that same day . The guy sent two pages of exploded views of the 800 and the 900 series stands . And each had the breakdown list with part numbers of all the pieces . So he asked me to give the part number of the part I needed . So the part arrives yesterday and he sent me two .... but ....
    They are the wrong parts !! In the parts list that he sent me the part looks exactly as the one I have . The part number is the same but the part I got is totally different from what I saw in the parts page he sent me .

So...back with the emails . This time I sent him a picture of the stand and of the bushing .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

I've had a pearl snare stand where the nylon bushing has cracked twice. I think the pearl hardware has a tendency to wear out fast. You have to be careful to not over tighten them.

I ordered a replacement online off of lonestar percussion, it's the only place i could find it besides pearl themselves.
    Happy Drumming!

IS15