Thread: Advice on pedals?

User Info Menu

Default Advice on pedals?

Greetings everyone

I'm looking at acquiring new pedals, I mainly play metal and use swivel. I've narrowed my search down to the Trick Bigfoot and Czarcie Kopyto pedals. Has anyone used these ? Any advice on them or even other pedals?

Many thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Advice on pedals?

Check out the Offset double pedal.

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

No advice on those but I use the axis A21 laser pedals and absolutely love them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Ludwig centennial natural 11 piece
    Gp jungle natural 4 piece
    Yamaha dtxpress3
    Saluda cymbals
    zildjian a customs
    Sabian aax

User Info Menu

Those Czarcie Kopyto pedals are some serious business!!!

If you can afford those they are all one off custom made to order last I knew and SOOOOOO fast and smooth. I knew one drummer with them and he was ridiculous!!
    I never asked him if I could try them out but he told me all about them and man they are sick. I wanted a set myself after that.

Trick are pretty good but I've known a couple of drummers who've had bearing failures with them. It was an easy fix as they replaced the bearings themselves with better ones.

Must be one hell of a metal player if you're looking into Czarcie pedals.

User Info Menu

I like the Kopytos because the footboard is very thin and light. Both pedals have similar features. I really like the smooth footboards withput any grooves or patterns.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    If you can afford those they are all one off custom made to order last I knew and SOOOOOO fast and smooth.
    Must be one hell of a metal player if you're looking into Czarcie pedals.

Until this thread I was not familiar with these pedals.
    How much is the double ?
    I found photos -- those beaters look like they would go through a batter head the first day.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Look like something from Star Wars

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Especially when the manufacturer's website states you have to send an inquiry just to get the price of them. They must be ridic expensive.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I have Speed Cobras and I love them. Longer boards, and much lighter than the Iron Cobras. And of course, inexpensive! Granted, they're chain drive, but I believe there are direct drive conversion kits out there.
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Until this thread I was not familiar with these pedals.
    How much is the double ?
    I found photos -- those beaters look like they would go through a batter head the first day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Especially when the manufacturer's website states you have to send an inquiry just to get the price of them. They must be ridic expensive.
    Singles were around 1k made by the drum gods themselves. But this was a couple years ago it's probably gone down since then. But they make custom bags and you can customize the pedals fully. Pretty awesome.

User Info Menu

The price on the czarcie double is around 800€ without shipping.

Wich in europe makes them N°1 longboard pedals unless people are dumb enough to shelve 959€ on axis and crap knows how much trick would cost. Czarcie's also come with a hardcase wich by itself is a good 100€ worth.

In my experience czarcie are fairly priced, it makes both axis & trick look not worth a damn.

I've had axis longboards for a while but ended up selling them. They felt like an overpriced piece of gear & since i'm a multi instrumentalist a +900 Euro pedal just didn't feel right.

Still very satisfied with my pearl eliminators for the time being but when i take drumming more serious it would be czarcie or stick with the pearls. And that's purely from an economical point of view really.