Thread: Music Genre Sections

User Info Menu

Default Music Genre Sections

I think you should make a Genre Sections.

It can be generic or specific. But then we can post bands and youtube videos of specific songs and help others discover more artists in a specific genre they love.

One of my car clubs has a metal thread and people are always posting up bands I've never heard of but end of either liking or not and then going to buy their album and etc. I'm always looking for something new and exciting to listen to.

I know there are so many different types of music. But you could always keep it more general like

Jazz/Swing/Big Band

Latin/Cuban

Rock/Metal

Alternative

Country

etc, etc. etc.

Thoughts?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Music Genre Sections

just going to leave these sub genres here

Nintendocore

Scottish Pirate Metal

Mongolian Throat Singing Rap

User Info Menu

I don't like the idea of genres. I think it's too narrow of classification.

User Info Menu

I think that threads under Off Topic for each genre or something would be better than separate, dedicated sections. Or just like a single thread dedicated for sharing and discovering music, but with posting rules similar to the Famous Drummers section e.g. song/artist name, genre, what you like about the music, etc. to be included in each post.
    Last edited by xweasel; 08-09-2015 at 09:19 AM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I'll pass this along to admin. Thanks for the suggestion/comments.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    I think that threads under Off Topic for each genre or something would be better than separate, dedicated sections. Or just like a single thread dedicated for sharing and discovering music, but with posting rules similar to the Famous Drummers section e.g. song/artist name, genre, what you like about the music, etc. to be included in each post.
    See but the problem with a single thread if it becomes big is I'm going to scroll through pages of other things that might not interest me or anyone else, you know? This way if there's at least a little bit of separation you narrow down your searching field. They could even simply make a new Topic section for this if needed. But I understand your comparison to famous drummers and that's not a bad idea either.