Thread: Rolling Cymbal Cases

User Info Menu

Default Rolling Cymbal Cases

Since I use so many cymbals I've been thinking about putting some in a cymbal case, and I'd like it to have wheels. Has anyone used any of these? The most promising seem to be Meinl, SKB, and the new Zildjian rolling one (at least I thought it was new). Any experience with these or any others I should look into?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rolling Cymbal Cases

I have two of the SKB cymbal vault and I love them. They roll easy with or without the handle extended. Pretty slick. I also like the full cymbal covers inside to protect the cymbals.

User Info Menu

My current set-up (including a pair of hats) uses 11 cymbals.

I have an inexpensive set of towels and I use each towel to wrap each cymbal completely - and then I place them all vertically in an old trap case.
    The trap case (30 years old or so) is still solid and has a really good set of casters.

Works like a champ !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    My current set-up (including a pair of hats) uses 11 cymbals.

I have an inexpensive set of towels and I use each towel to wrap each cymbal completely - and then I place them all vertically in an old trap case.
    The trap case (30 years old or so) is still solid and has a really good set of casters.

Works like a champ !
    I use 7 cymbals (3 crashes, 1 splash, 1 hi-hat, 1 ride, 1 China) and I use two SKB cymbal vaults. If I carried anymore cymbals I would probably do the same thing as my vaults are pretty full.
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 08-21-2015 at 12:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I use 7 cymbals (3 crashes, 1 splash, 1 hi-hat, 1 ride) and I use two SKB cymbal vaults. If I carried anymore cymbals I would probably do the same thing as my vaults are pretty full.
    So you have 2 cases for only 7 cymbals? I thought the SKB case could hold up to 8, is that not correct? I'd think all would fit into one case.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    So you have 2 cases for only 7 cymbals? I thought the SKB case could hold up to 8, is that not correct? I'd think all would fit into one case.
    Sorry I forgot to type China... I keep the China in it's own hard case along with the splash and hi-hat

In the other case is my 23" Over ride cymbal which has a massive 8" bell on it. The thing takes up a lot of room. If I had regular cymbals yes it could hold them all. But I have two that take up room.

User Info Menu

I have a Humes and Berg rolling hard case..............it works great at protecting the cymbals, but I have to modify it..........when rolling it, the bottom lip catches on everything. I plan on cutting around an inch of plastic, that should fix the issue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    I plan on cutting around an inch of plastic, that should fix the issue.
    Or, you can always beat it with a hammer. I've found that a little percussive maintenance can be very effective in taking care of a lot of issues.