Thread: Iraconji

User Info Menu

Default Iraconji

I am officially the new drummer for the Nashville death/thrash metal band, Iraconji! The band has been around for a solid 5-6 years and have gained a decent following around Nashville, and I'm super excited to be playing for these guys. They were one of the first metal bands I've seen since I moved to the area, and now I'm a part of them.

I've been playing with them for a month now, and I've got the current 7-song setlist down solid, getting ready for the September 26 show in Murfreesboro. On top of that, we're working on two brand new tracks. The new tracks lean a bit more on the death metal side of things, and they're a blast to play.

What I'm really grateful for is that some of the songs (especially the newer ones) are pushing me and challenging me to become a better player. That's always a bonus when you play with a band. I've been playing metal for most of my drumming life, but I'm making up for the 4-5 years that I went without having a drumkit at all. My metal chops were pretty solid back in 2009-2010, and since then they have decayed away since I was sans kit for so long. But now, I'm getting them back by playing for a kickass band.

Anyone local to Nashville or Murfreesboro - come on out the the show on September 26, at Main Street Music! It's the Cliff Burton anniversary show, and our buddies in Damage (Metallica tribute band) will be paying respects to Cliff by playing the Master of Puppets album in its entirety. I'm looking forward to this show! The show will also be the debut of Iraconji's new lineup, which is not only myself on drums, but the addition of a second guitarist as well. Can't wait!

EDIT: Facebook link below

I haven't recorded with the band yet, but we are recording sometime in the fall/winter. Soon!
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Default Re: Iraconji

congrats man!

And here I thought Nashville was only country music

I'm a metal drummer myself \m/ (minus the bar rock band I play in currently)

User Info Menu

Congrats man !!!! That sounds super exciting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    congrats man!

And here I thought Nashville was only country music

I'm a metal drummer myself \m/ (minus the bar rock band I play in currently)
    Haha, I know, everyone thinks that. Nashville is chock full of phenomenal metal talent. And our neighbors to the north, Kentucky, is full of awesome metal bands as well. It's a shame that 99% of them are so undiscovered.

But here in Nashville, our big names are Inferi, Enfold Darkness, Oubliette, A Loathing Requiem... plus a million smaller names that have all earned my respect for being phenomenal metal bands. I really love the scene here.
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook