Thread: Roland spd-sx memory full??

User Info Menu

Angry Roland spd-sx memory full??

Hey guys and gals and thanks for reading (and hopefully helping me) my first post.

I have been using the Roland SPD-SX for almost 2 years as part of a live set-up. I love it. It's great, reliable, and always delivers. However...

One of the main selling features of the SPD-SX is the 2GB Internal memory. Trouble is, I seem to be out of memory, yet don't use any large files of my own, which leads me to believe it is the factory kits and samples which are taking up the most space.

Does anyone know an easy and quick way to retrieve memory? Or is there a way of adding external memory to the unit?

Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks people!

Dave

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland spd-sx memory full??

Are you using it for backing tracks?

With WAV files, the 2 gigs gets used up quickly.

If you delete all the factory installed files, you will free up more space. Unfortunately, you must do this one click at a time. It is maddening. When I deleted all my stock files, I saved a copy of the "blank" version so if I ever need to clean house or start over, I can simply load it.

As far as additional memory, yes and no. You can save/load what you have on a flash drive, then create a new batch. The problem is that it takes about 20 minutes to load so doing it between sets is dicey. Plug in a flash drive, go to menu/utilities and save or load from the stick. There is a nice little picture telling you what to do

Start with deleting the stock files and see how much that frees up. It might take an hour but it will seem like 8 hours.

I use the SPD strictly for backing tracks.

The first band I used it in had no problems. I used it in about 50 songs that had a lot of repeated phrases and loops which didn't take up too much space.

A second band barely fit 4 sets because there were some full songs which take up a lot of space.

With a new band I'm working with, I'm playing all the songs all the way through. I generally have a main track, a sub and a click and I only got 17 songs on it :(
    Last edited by NewTricks; 08-26-2015 at 02:47 PM.