Thread: Bucket drum project.

User Info Menu

Default Bucket drum project.

Hi,
    Always enjoy watching those drummer play those bucket drum.My friend(House builder)did give me a few plastic bucket.I use it to collect rain water to water my flowers!!! Yesterday,just got the right mood to build a bucket drum just for fun.it turn out quite ok!!!

Thanks.
    Wonder1

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bucket drum project.

So happy that,one of my friend from Germany visit me today.He's a Cajon player.I let him try out my drum, we had great fun jamming together.

User Info Menu

Nice bucket drum. I am curious .. in the center of the photograph .. is that an udu drum or an empty flower vase ? Or both ?

User Info Menu

I noticed these 5 gallon plastic pails. They look about the right size for a drum. I see lots of pails around here in Florida USA.
    Last edited by 8beat; 08-29-2015 at 07:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePasko View Post
    Nice bucket drum. I am curious .. in the center of the photograph .. is that an udu drum or an empty flower vase ? Or both ?
    Wow! you got a very sharp eye JoePasko.Yes! That's LP udu drum.in fact,we did jam with the udu drum too.I use mainly for recording project.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    I noticed these 5 gallon plastic pails. They look about the right size for a drum. I see lots of pails around here in Florida USA.
    8Beat!
    it's quite easy/simple to make this bucket drum.For this one, i don't want a real loud/deep bass sound.there's no vent at the bottom.I will make another one,with 12" snare & bass drum.that one,I will make a vent,so that i can have a loud/deep bass sound.that will be next week project!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I remember seeing a place on the Internet where you can buy a pre-made head kit that snaps on to a 5gal bucket in place of the lid.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post
    8Beat!
    it's quite easy/simple to make this bucket drum.For this one, i don't want a real loud/deep bass sound.there's no vent at the bottom.I will make another
    one,with 12" snare & bass drum.that one,I will make a vent,so that i can have a loud/deep bass sound.that will be next week project!
    I can't remember if I already posted a picture of my kickbucket to this forum, or not. Well here it is again .. the lambs wool beater is key for a nice deep thump. Also, the sweet spot is not dead center, but rather halfway between center and rim. I guess there are two schools of bucket drums: using the plastic bottoms as the batter head, or else fastening a head and hoop over the open end. I haven't tried the latter yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Arrow Re: Bucket drum project.

Pete. That is great.
    What size head did you use for the bucket?
    Joe, that is brilliant.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Man View Post
    Pete. That is great.
    What size head did you use for the bucket?
    Joe, that is brilliant.
    I'm using 12" drum head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePasko View Post
    I can't remember if I already posted a picture of my kickbucket to this forum, or not. Well here it is again .. the lambs wool beater is key for a nice deep thump. Also, the sweet spot is not dead center, but rather halfway between center and rim. I guess there are two schools of bucket drums: using the plastic bottoms as the batter head, or else fastening a head and hoop over the open end. I haven't tried the latter yet.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nice job JoePasko! well! may be you can try using 12" head for another Bucket Bass drum project.

User Info Menu

Thanks Pete.
    Where are you located sir?

User Info Menu

Wow, it looks very professional. Like a real acoustic drum converted to electric. End result I couldn't even tell apart from it. Awesome!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Man View Post
    Thanks Pete.
    Where are you located sir?
    I'm from Malaysia...living at one of the most peaceful,beautiful(Tax Free) island call: Labuan F.T. if you like swimming,diving,fisihing,cycling ,cheap beer this is the place.I use to have drummer friend drop by from other place & country.I will personally pick them up from airport,enjoy the local food,side-seeing & head on to my house and we had great time jamming all the drum!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Wow, it looks very professional. Like a real acoustic drum converted to electric. End result I couldn't even tell apart from it. Awesome!
    Thanks Russ! do check out this video at my FB.
    https://www.facebook.com/peter.lau.102

User Info Menu

man you took the bucket to the EXTREME!

User Info Menu

That's quite a cool looking bucket drum Peter! Man you live in paradise!!

User Info Menu

To Joe: Looking very cool too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post
    I'm from Malaysia...living at one of the most peaceful,beautiful(Tax Free) island call: Labuan F.T. if you like swimming,diving,fisihing,cycling ,cheap beer this is the place.I use to have drummer friend drop by from other place & country.I will personally pick them up from airport,enjoy the local food,side-seeing & head on to my house and we had great time jamming all the drum!
    Sounds beautiful Pete. Thanks

User Info Menu

Made a wooden-ring(bottom) on the bucket drum, so that i can just attached it on a snare stand.

User Info Menu

Wow! That sounds good! Great job there
    Take care and seeya!

Jim