Thread: Bucket hand drum project!

User Info Menu

Default Bucket hand drum project!

Hi,
    Using 3 gallon bucket to make this Hand drum.I like the Tama Gong Drum idea.So,This time I'm using 14" bottom snare head(thin-ply) on the 12" bucket drum shell.Fun to play!

Wonder1
    Last edited by wonder1; 09-13-2015 at 11:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Arrow Re: Bucket hand drum project!

Mr. Wonder. Did you make the black rim? I noticed the flanged sections for the rods.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bucket hand drum project!

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Man View Post
    Mr. Wonder. Did you make the black rim? I noticed the flanged sections for the rods.
    Hi,The Green Man,
    I just use a Jig-saw to cut the top section of the 14" metal drum hook(quite easy to cut!).After that smooth it with Grinder.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Bucket hand drum project!

Looks--and sounds--great, man! Excellent work!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I always enjoy your drum projects, Wonder1.

User Info Menu

Thanks 8Beat & Bongobro!
    after playing it & jam with other Frame drum player.Today,I decided to add a Snare wire(on/off type)so that, when playing those pop song,i can just turn on the snare.I don't have to bring another mini snare drum.will post pic when the project done!
    Wonder1

User Info Menu

After 1 hour..finally add on Snare wire & Mini-Jingles done! I can just bring this "Dua-purpose" Hand drum for gig!

Wonder1

User Info Menu

Add a 22" Frame-type Bass-drum!

User Info Menu

bucket to the extreme! lol
    Wouldn't expect anything less!

User Info Menu

Your name shows it Wonder1 that you are a genious at making mini drum kits etc. I love watching you in action showing us how your projects sound every time that you finish one. Nice to have you around here man.

User Info Menu

Here's the short video clip.That "Frame Type" bass drum doesn't sound real good on my handphone recording.Will be nice when using a proper Kick's mic during gig or stage show.At lease,with the Snare "on/off" thing,i don't have to bring another mini snare drum.
    Last edited by wonder1; 09-28-2015 at 11:27 PM.