Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comparing used gear

User Info Menu

Default Re: Comparing used gear

I don't think anyone would argue you can't go wrong with Birch. Great live presence and awesome for studio work.

Plus, you have a very durable wrap if you plan on transporting them anywhere. I can pile all four pieces and carry them from truck to stage easily and I don't even have to put them in cases.

The Gretsch (most likely maple) is definitely a great set of drums and the lacquer finish is good eye candy. But after time they will show dings and scratches and wear and tear easier than a wrap will. Not saying anything against Gretsch but between wraps and lacquers, wraps will stand the test of time with wear and tear.

The only down side is if the seam where the wrap overlaps, it can separate all on its own but that may or may never happen. More probable on a cheaper wrap than a quality one that TAMA would use. My humble opinion and perhaps wishful thinking on that part.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Down to those 2, Silverstar all the way...

User Info Menu

I bought the Tama Silverstar! :-)

As expected it's in mint condition. Still with the original heads without even a stick trace on it!! It was never played by it's owner!

I paid 600 euros for the kit (instant love with the 22" bass drum! lol!) + Tama Roadpro hardware also new included and some cheap cymbals (Pearl CX200, won't use it but the seller offered them anyway). I think it was a pretty sweet deal for my first time with the second hand market. :-)

Photos coming up this week-end after setting everything up. ;-)

User Info Menu

Nice that you got Tama Roadpro hardware with it. That is a great line of hardware, very solid!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TerryV81 View Post
    I bought the Tama Silverstar! :-)

As expected it's in mint condition. Still with the original heads without even a stick trace on it!! It was never played by it's owner!

I paid 600 euros for the kit (instant love with the 22" bass drum! lol!) + Tama Roadpro hardware also new included and some cheap cymbals (Pearl CX200, won't use it but the seller offered them anyway). I think it was a pretty sweet deal for my first time with the second hand market. :-)

Photos coming up this week-end after setting everything up. ;-)
    You made out! Well done.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

LOl! Yep indeed! :-)

User Info Menu

Congrats! You made the right choice!
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

How do I upload an image? I read the FAQs but can't find the "manage attachments" button.