Thread: Advice on cymbal case

User Info Menu

Default Advice on cymbal case

Hey guys

I'm in need of some help. I require some protective cases for my Tama Starclassic kit and a protective case for my 8 cymbals. I've been looking at SKB, Humes and Berg , Gator and possibly even the Ahead armour cases, the only problem is being in South Africa not all of em are stocked here. For cymbals I was looking at the humes and berg enduro case, Meinl hardcase or possibly reunion blues heavy duty bag. I need a case that can fit a 22" Sabian Powerbell ride, 18" and 19" chinas, 17 and 18" crashes, 14" Mini china, 14" hats and 12" splash.

Any advice would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Advice on cymbal case

I have a 23" giant bell ride and I use the SKB. With that ride cymbal I can fit 4 other crashes. So I actually use two SKB cases for all my cymbals cause I also fit my 18" china upside down in my other hard case. Both those cymbals take up a bit of room. But I love my SKB cases and love that they have wheels which makes it easy to carry and same design as my cases so I can lay those down first and stack other cases on top of them .

User Info Menu

If you have 3 chinas plus a ride with a large bell I'm doubting you'd be able to fit all your cymbals into one SKB case. At least, I've heard many similar situations before. Meinl makes 2 cases, one with wheels and one without. Meinl hardware and bags are very high quality so I assume their cymbal cases would be very nice, unfortunately no stores have them in stock here and very few people seem to have one.

User Info Menu

I'm also thinking the Meinl trolley case as Meinl would be the easiest to get here and probably most cost effective. Perhaps even the 24" Hardcase cymbal trolley case

User Info Menu

If you get the Meinl one I would really like to know how it works out as there are very few comments on that one anywhere.

User Info Menu

^yeah I didn't know they made one. I'll check it out at work