Thread: Songs you like but not for the song itself.

User Info Menu

Default Songs you like but not for the song itself.

Hi, what I mean is those songs what make you smile, because they remind you of a funny film.
    I can't hear 17 by Stevie Nicks with out thinking of School of rock
    Or
    Dude looks like a lady, and not see Robin Williams with his hoover!
    I loved school of rock so much I wanted Jack Black to be my dad!I was 3 when it came out and my brother and sister got it on DVD, I literally can quote the whole film, I have watched it so many times, think that maybe where I was turned onto music.
    Bridie
    What are yours?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Songs you like but not for the song itself.

The kitty cat dance... otherwise I tend to not like music I don't like (nice tautology I know), I just sometimes go for the musical burger (dubstep) instead of the steak (jazz).

Interesting thread

User Info Menu

The whole Grease Movie soundtrack. Because I have an autistic daughter. But she loved that movie so much that we wore out several vhs tapes when she was growing up.She would watch it every day for years,That and she also liked Mario 64 as well. But I guess she thought she was "Sandy Dee". it's a cute movie and the opening track and closing tracks are really well written arraignment wise.
    Last edited by wired; 09-30-2015 at 05:14 AM.

User Info Menu

I like "Loco" from the Fun Lovin Criminals for the video clip only (ok, the song itself is not too bad)! lol! ;-)

User Info Menu

Anyway you want it by Journey always makes me want to dance like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack.

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Anyway you want it by Journey always makes me want to dance like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack.

For me it's gopher dancing to Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright"
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post

So...let's dance!

User Info Menu

Billy Preston's Nothing From Nothing and Maria Muldaur's Midnight At The Oasis were popular in 1974 when I joined the Air Force so they remind me of that time and Basic Training. So I guess those songs invoke memories of a time long, long ago.

User Info Menu

I read the entire J. R. R. Tolkien Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy listening to the first Boston album when it first came out in '76. Wore that album out to these books. Since then, every time that I hear More Than A Feeling, I think of the Hobbit ...

User Info Menu

Listen closely to the Age of Aquarius (5th Dimension). It has some killer bass lines!

all the best...

User Info Menu

My wife is a huge Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. Every time she watches it, she walks around singing that stupid opening song.....all the songs, in fact.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Jitterbug

- Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    My wife is a huge Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. Every time she watches it, she walks around singing that stupid opening song.....all the songs, in fact.
    Ha ! Next time join in on the fun and throw some toast or toilet paper at her.

User Info Menu

Well I have always liked 'Sleepwalk' by Santo and Johnny. But ever since they used it at the end of La Bamba, when the news of the plane crash comes over the radio, its hard for me to hear that song now, without getting all busted up inside : (