Thread: Coated Powerstroke 3 on my snare

User Info Menu

Default Coated Powerstroke 3 on my snare

Dang, that's nice... Good crack, resonant but not ringy... Me Likey!

I think other than the emad, and the Gretsch logo'ed reso on the kick, the whole kit needs a new skinning. I've always been a Remo guy, so emperors are my go to. I thought about pins, but I'm not 100% on that idea.

Maybe try the Evans g2 or ec2. I dunno yet. I do know that I like the ps3 on my snare though.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Default Re: Coated Powerstroke 3 on my snare

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Dang, that's nice... Good crack, resonant but not ringy... Me Likey!

I think other than the emad, and the Gretsch logo'ed reso on the kick, the whole kit needs a new skinning. I've always been a Remo guy, so emperors are my go to. I thought about pins, but I'm not 100% on that idea.

Maybe try the Evans g2 or ec2. I dunno yet. I do know that I like the ps3 on my snare though.

Always wanted to try a PS3 on snare, good to know. I usually like Emperors as well depending on kit and am seriously thinking about clear vintage emp. for my next head change on my yammies
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

had one on my Yamaha. Definitely a good head. I've tried so many looking for the tone and crack I wanted. In the end stuck with the Evans SD Dry

User Info Menu

I've got them on all my snares . I have the clear on the deep snares because I never use those for brush work and the clear seem to give me a little more..smack . I have coated Ambs on the Yamaha Custom Absolute Birch and Pearl Maple kit and clear Emps on the Pearl birch and big Ludwigs Classics . I've tied the Evans heads and never really liked them . When I lived in Houston I use to visit the Evans music store , once owned by the founder of Evans drum heads . But at the time I had a small regional sponsorship with Remo . I had one of their kits and use to get free heads and such...no money .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

I LOVE the P3 snare heads. I've always gotten the best tones out of them.

But I THINK on my next reskin, I want to try a different brand. Ever since I used the Remo P3 for the first time, I didn't even bother with anything else. But I want to explore my options.
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post

I have the G2 Coated heads on my practice kit and think they sound great, and not that pricey.

User Info Menu

Tough to beat the PS3 on a snare. I use both PS3 and coated amb on my snares, depending on the shell - PS3 with a metal shell and Ambassador on my maple shell snare. With the PS3, nice crack but not overpowering, low overtones but not dead. Fantastic head for snares.