Thread: First drum cover and video/audio editing. Let me know what you guys think!

User Info Menu

Default First drum cover and video/audio editing. Let me know what you guys think!

The song is not chop central, nor anything particularly difficult, so please look elsewhere if that is what you're after.

Comments regarding playing, editing or mic technique welcome

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Default Re: First drum cover and video/audio editing. Let me know what you guys think!

Kit sounds great byohin mics did it favor. I detected some weird sounds coming out of my left side of headphone right up to about the 2.00 mark and then it went away and you sounded more clear. Over all sound is great. Tec and chops are great. Good job and welcome to DC.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 10-13-2015 at 08:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: First drum cover and video/audio editing. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks so much, man! Will look out for the weird sound on the next listen. I think it may have something to do with the OH left/right phasing?

User Info Menu

I liked it a lot . I lower my over head almost 6 inches above my head seems to pick up more . Maybe just me. I liked it very much. Thanks for sharing
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

Sounds great.. I been Playing around with my mics as well. Have a nice audix D6 kick mic and 2 overheads with no snare mic but the overheads are the cheapo cad pro 7's. What type of mic's are you using?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Thanks, MDK! I'm using the medium budget Shure PGDMK4 mic set. Very good for the price. I bought the OH (pg81) and SM57 separately.

User Info Menu

I just listened to it again and maybe the weird noises I hear are from the effects on the song you are playing not your sound. Not sure though. Still a great video.

User Info Menu

Nice and clean great work

User Info Menu

Sounds great man. what interface are you using?
    I want to do similar things but don't want to spend the $$ on the interface

User Info Menu

Cheers, dude! I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. You can get them for about £250/300 over here in the UK secondhand.

But really, anything which provides the channels and you use software to control the mix/levels is good, I think.