Thread: Zildjian 21 Organic ride

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian 21 Organic ride

This ride looks interesting. I wonder if it would cut through well in a metal band? The bow and the bell seem to have a nice separation from each other from what I've seen online.

Thoughts?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian 21 Organic ride

I've heard good things about Rude but no personal experience with either, myself.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

What exactly makes it "organic"? Was it grown without herbicides, pesticides and preservatives?

I suspect marketing hocus pocus

all the best...

User Info Menu

This one ??

User Info Menu

Yes!

User Info Menu

I was cheking this out this morning. I kinda like it

User Info Menu

It's amazing how quickly some of the K Custom rides decay when crashed. It sounds like someone ran the cymbals through a noise filter and removed a lot of the overtones.

User Info Menu

That sounds horrible to me. Non-lathed cymbals just have no character to my ears. It's all ping - and all lower-mid ping at that. I like a cymbal that spans all the frequencies from hi to low, and a wealth of overtones. This one's a one trick pony. Just not my style at all.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    That sounds horrible to me. Non-lathed cymbals just have no character to my ears. It's all ping - and all lower-mid ping at that. I like a cymbal that spans all the frequencies from hi to low, and a wealth of overtones. This one's a one trick pony. Just not my style at all.

GeeDeeEmm
    Yep, that's my problem with a lot of the K Custom rides. They just sound very filtered. I do like cymbals with a quicker decay, but not an unnatural one. I use some Meinl Extra Dry models and while their sustain is short, it sounds natural. However I do have a 20" K Custom Dry Light that I recently got in a trade and that particular one sounds nothing like the ones in videos, very nice and full.