Thread: Mesh head e-drums

User Info Menu

Default Mesh head e-drums

Hi everybody! I would like to know if there are any reliable e-drums with mesh heads for a low price. There are some like
    - Traps E500
    - Millenium Transformer E-A

[links removed. please see forum rules - tom]

Im a begginer but the lack of dynamic of the edrums without mesh heads, really annoys me...

Can you tell me more cheap edrums with mesh heads? Are the drums mentioned before good edrums?
    What about the hi-hat? Normally, the worst thing in e-drums (for me) is the hi-hat. I also love to play reggae and the hi-hat plays a huge role..

One last question. How much ram, cpu and so on, do i need to connect the e-drum to my pc? to use additive drums.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mesh head e-drums

Quote Originally Posted by denis View Post
    What about the hi-hat? Normally, the worst thing in e-drums (for me) is the hi-hat.
    I was considering using the hi hat from an acoustic kit when playing e-drums.

My friend plays a real wood block with his electronic drum kit. He likes the sound.

User Info Menu

Yeah, i considered that option too. What about the kits ive mentioned before?

User Info Menu

honestly, if you are a beginner, i would not worry too much about using your pc with your ekit. I did that, and i found myself spending more time on the comp than on the drums, and at this stage, you really need to focus more on being a better drummer. it;s been probably 2 years since i've picked up my midi connector...

+ on using a real high hat, i wear headphones so the sound is more or less balanced. good foam heads also have nice dynamics.

can't speak for any of the ekits you mentioned, I would go for yammy or roland, they seem to make the best modules, especially for beginners...
    Yamaha DTX 500 module
    Anatolian Kappadokia 14" Rock High Hats
    Sabian El Sabor 20" Ride
    Zildjian A 18" Crash Ride
    Istanbul Agop 16" Trash Hit
    1950's Zildjian 14" Splash/light crash
    Istanbul 8" Splash (pre 1997)
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Piccolo
    1965 Premier 3 piece 10, 16, 22