Thread: Cajon drum

User Info Menu

Default Cajon drum

Hi,
    After 3 years, it's time to change a new colour for my old cajon-drum.I choose white as the main colour.Replace the metal rim with wooden rim.also,change the 12" tom to 10".Looks better now!

Regards,
    Wonder1

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cajon drum

Looks very nice.

User Info Menu

Dude that's sick! I have a traditional cajon. I can play it decently, but I haven't learned true hand drumming just yet.

I think it's awesome how much can be done with a cajon, yours is a perfect example. How does it sound?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 22drummer View Post
    Dude that's sick! I have a traditional cajon. I can play it decently, but I haven't learned true hand drumming just yet.

I think it's awesome how much can be done with a cajon, yours is a perfect example. How does it sound?

Hi,22 drummer!
    I don't really enjoy the Cajon playing position(body bent!),and also sometime my finger feel uncomfortable(long hour & loud playing!).For this one, i use a short drum stick on left hand,a nylon blast-stick on right(hi-hat,tom,cymbals)i can sit with my back straight & Relax.It just sound like a drum! You still can do something like this for your present cajon.(1)keep the front "head" as kick-drum(remove the snare wire or string inside).add a 10" tomburine(with plastic head,remove all the "jingles" & add a short snare wire inside-10" mini snare)and attached it on your left position.you can attached a X-hat(closed hat) plus cymbals on the right hand position!
    Wonder1

User Info Menu

This's the video(still with the old colour!)

User Info Menu

Any venture capitalists out there want to start a drum company with Wonder1? I can offer my excellent HR skills

User Info Menu

very innovative and I might add...very cool cajon! I always wondered myself of bending over..especially for an old dude like me.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Wow! that's a really cool looking cajon - so the cymbal on the side - is that just a regular splash played by hand?
    I've just got into cajon - got myself an LP Americana - but I want to add some cymbals fr effects - have an old splash and an old zildjian 16 inch - but neither sound too great with hand - though they do add weight with sticks - any advice on good hand cymbals for cajon?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post
    Hi,
    After 3 years, it's time to change a new colour for my old cajon-drum.I choose white as the main colour.Replace the metal rim with wooden rim.also,change the 12" tom to 10".Looks better now!

Regards,
    Wonder1
    Wonder1.............your drum building skills and ingenuity are amazing.

Everytime I see your "kits" and watch the videos I am absolutely impressed!

Good stuff brother

User Info Menu

Thanks alot Longgun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DhineshM View Post
    Wow! that's a really cool looking cajon - so the cymbal on the side - is that just a regular splash played by hand?
    I've just got into cajon - got myself an LP Americana - but I want to add some cymbals fr effects - have an old splash and an old zildjian 16 inch - but neither sound too great with hand - though they do add weight with sticks - any advice on good hand cymbals for cajon?
    I use nylon blaststick to play the Hi-Hat & Crash/Ride the 12" PAISTE 400 Splash.It produce very crispy sound.I'm still search for a good Hand Cymbals for Cajon.May be some drummers here can offer a little information......