Thread: Heel Toe method?????

User Info Menu

Default Heel Toe method?????

Hey guys, i been working on the Heel toe method for 2 weeks. i can't seem to get it. i watched all the videos on youtube.

Now the funny part, i just got a pair of iron cobra double bass pedal and I'm right hand and foot dominate, but i can do the heel toe with my left foot pretty good, but suck with my right foot.

Any advise?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Heel Toe method?????

it's not going to come over night. I know 2 weeks seems like enough time but it took me months before I full started really getting it down. And even then I started giving up on it and I stick with a mix of single and swivel.

User Info Menu

I can't seem to get it either. Watched a ton of vids and understand the idea, but I just can't seem to make it work for me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Ludwig centennial natural 11 piece
    Gp jungle natural 4 piece
    Yamaha dtxpress3
    Saluda cymbals
    zildjian a customs
    Sabian aax

User Info Menu

This helped me more than anything, watch it through 3, 4 times or more.

then do these exercises as slow as you comfortably can.

did not happen overnight and is still rough a times if I do not practice it for awhile but suddenly a light comes on and you will find yourself getting more and more comfortable with it. To me concentrating on getting back to the starting position was key.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

It took me a lot longer than 2 weeks to get it solid. I watched as many videos as I could. I found out that I can only play it on certain pedals. Just different adjustments I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Heck I've been messing with it for several yr. and still can't do it good. I don't use triggers though, and I'm trying to play it at real volumes.

User Info Menu

I gave up.

User Info Menu

I figured out my problem whith the heel toe method. I was sitting to far away from my bass drum. As soon as I moved closer to my bass drum, I was able to do the heel toe method with no problem.