Thread: National Drumming Day

User Info Menu

Arrow National Drumming Day

NATIONAL DRUMMING DAY

You can say you heard it here first. The proprietors of Drumming.com created a special day just for us! Move over National Cheeseburger Day and Saxophone Day, drummers are ready to take center stage!

National Drumming Day

Use this special day to...

1. Show your pride in drumming by sharing on social media. Use hashtag #NationalDrummingDay
    2. Resolve to get some serious practicing done on this day. Focus. Set your goals for the day and resolve to meet them!
    3. Think about joining a drum circle or form your own local drum event that advances the art of drumming.
    4. Adopt a drum student. Every school has what they call "At risk" kids. You can help these kids by using "drumming" to motivate them.
    5. Revisit your drumming goals and make sure you're on track for success.
    6. Wear your favorite drumming T-shirt or hat! Let the world know you're a drummer on November 15th!
    7. Give back to the world by drumming up support for important causes.

Don't just be a drummer. Represent the drumming industry with your commitment to the drumming world overall. This involves learning, teaching, performing and sharing your drumming knowledge with others in community forums like this one.

FAMOUS DRUMMERS

We honor all drummers, percussionists and those with natural rhythm on this special day. If you ever have questions about drumming, feel free to ask here in the forum where hundreds of drummers can chime in. For more on National Drumming Day, visit Drumming.com.

Happy Drumming! ... from DrumChat.com.

User Info Menu

Default Re: National Drumming Day

Would at risk kids be the same ones thinking about taking up like tuba or flute or something unfortunate like that?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Great design for a new T-shirt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Would at risk kids be the same ones thinking about taking up like tuba or flute or something unfortunate like that?
    Hey, I love giggin' with my friend Tuba Gerry, and I feel fortunate for the opportunity. More tuba !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Too funny!

User Info Menu

I want to jam with Tuba Gerry!

User Info Menu

so why not international ?

User Info Menu

Noticed this is coming up next month. Drum Bum will be doing a special and probably even some giveaways.

User Info Menu

Nov. 15th... got it marked on the calendar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

Use this special day to...

1. Show your pride in drumming by sharing on social media. Use hashtag #NationalDrummingDay
    2. Resolve to get some serious practicing done on this day. Focus. Set your goals for the day and resolve to meet them!
    3. Think about joining a drum circle or form your own local drum event that advances the art of drumming.
    4. Adopt a drum student. Every school has what they call "At risk" kids. You can help these kids by using "drumming" to motivate them.
    5. Revisit your drumming goals and make sure you're on track for success.
    6. Wear your favorite drumming T-shirt or hat! Let the world know you're a drummer on November 15th!
    7. Give back to the world by drumming up support for important causes.
    I commit, swear, promise and affirm I will go all out to do # 6.
    Since I will be on vacation at the emerald coast beaches, I promise I will not be drumming, practicing, adopting students, etc.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I heard that the was supposed to be a National Stupid Guitar Players Day, but when they realized that it would have to be 24/7/365, it just sort of slipped by the wayside.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I heard that the was supposed to be a National Stupid Guitar Players Day, but when they realized that it would have to be 24/7/365, it just sort of slipped by the wayside.
    Doh-Doo-Ringtone-by-Topaz-SNP51417117.jpg