Thread: looking for Timable teacher in SC

User Info Menu

Default looking for Timable teacher in SC

Hi, I have a pair of timbales and was going to sell them. But I thought that I'd look for a teacher first before giving up on playing. I live in Columbia, SC and am seeing if there is anyone local that teaches and plays timbales.

Please let me know, thanks!
    Sean

User Info Menu

Default Re: looking for Timable teacher in SC

?? I am thinking you would have much more luck with this if you stayed local using craigslist or bandmix.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Hey MD, thanks for your post. I am looking for someone who really knows how to play and also does the conga/bongo stuff too, and thought that this would be the best place to start. Will also put in Craigslist ads, though not sure people check those?
    Last edited by sean valdepenas; 11-19-2015 at 12:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sean valdepenas View Post
    Hey MD, thanks for your post. I am looking for someone who really knows how to play and also does the conga/bongo stuff too, and thought that this would be the best place to start. Will also put in Craigslist ads, though not sure people check those?
    While there are a lot of members here I would guesstimate less than 1/4 of them check these boards with any regularity and I do not remember seeing anyone from SC. Even if there are SC is a big state so the odsds of them being close to you and requiring all you want is slim to none. Check the lessons section of CL. When you respond to a CL ad it usually goes right to their email, sometimes there is even a phone # to call.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Thanks for your input. I just sold them, so its all good.