I've been playing for about 6 years or so now, completely self taught. It has only come to my attention more recently playing out that I tend to keep a very loose wrist when playing with the dominant (right) arm. It looks as though my technique is a soft brushing stroke with only my wrist primarily doing movement. I realize this is definitely not healthy on the wrist join and am looking to take proper steps in the right direction regarding resolving this.

It looks like I have a very loose grip and am mainly just bouncing the stick off of the hi-hat and catching rather than controlling it. Very floppy arm/hand movement as opposed to a tight structured movement.

I have tried to google things like "loose wrist drumming correction" and have yet to really find anyone addressing this head on. I know it will take a bit of work to correct this, but I'm looking for any kind of advice/material to work on correcting this.

I have noticed my palm is not facing downward and my wrist is moving more on an side-to-side at points. I'm assuming this ultimately comes down to stick grip more then technique of playing?

Here is a gig from the summer that shows technique pretty clearly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2OUnGpTlZg

Appreciate any input, I assume many self-taught drummers have come across this at some point.