Thread: Old Returning Drummers Big Band

User Info Menu

Default Old Returning Drummers Big Band

Here are some pics (I hope) of the big band I've been messing with. The drums are my Ludwig "build it yourself" Signets and Paiste 2002 cymbals. Nice and bright, perfect for cutting thru big band horns.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Old Returning Drummers Big Band

Nice pictures. I like your drum kit.

User Info Menu

Awesome ORD,what Ludwig kit do you have?

User Info Menu

Playing with a big band would be a dream of mine, though I'm totally unqualified to do so. How are the Signets holding up so far?

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

The kit is Ludwig "Signets". Their "build it yourself" kit. They're holding up just fine. I fitted them with Remo Renaissance heads and the sound is very smooth and sweet. The drums are very light weight, perfect for an old fart like me to lug around. I dont know how much abuse and rough handling they would take, but that won't happen because we don't have any stoner roadies throwing them into a trailer from 10 feet away.

User Info Menu

That's awesome! Looking at the band, it looks like there's many, many years of cumulative musical experience. Age is your worst enemy in sports, but it can be your greatest asset in music. I'd love to sit in with a group like that. The drums look awesome!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I hope all works out for you, I bet it feels good to play again.

User Info Menu

Hope you're having a blast playing with the group. I grew up with my parents playing Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw, Lionel Hampton and the others. I love big band music and have been trying to learn to play it the past few months. I'm not good at it yet so I hesitate to play with anyone, but it's a goal.
    Last edited by G-man; 01-02-2016 at 08:08 PM.