Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you do last night? ... (New Years)

User Info Menu

Default What did you do last night? ... (New Years)

Did you play? Where? If not, what did you do?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What did you do last night? ... (New Years)

Good question. I'll let you know when "last night" is over.

User Info Menu

We Got offered to play 2 months ago but had to say no due to our somewhat committed guitarist who could not make it so he could stay home \.. Ughhh anyway me and the wife went to see our favorite band Red Sky Mary at Ri Ra's in portsmouth, NH and had a blast.. great night
    Last edited by MDK; 01-02-2016 at 08:51 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I worked graveyard shift...

User Info Menu

We did the New Year's Eve gig at La Paloma Resort here in Tucson Az . Really a fun gig . We had blues song writer Dave Duncan sit in with us . The guy has written for some of the big blues guys . But the gig wasn't a blues gig by any measure . Straight out dance music and man was it a blast !!
    I used the Pearl Session Maples ... red seemed like the right color to bring in the new year . LOL
    Rudy .

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Embarrassed to say, went to bed at about 11 pm. 5 am comes just way too early at my age. Had to be at the docks at 7 this morning.

OTH hand our 12th anniversary is on Sunday so we're going to have a little party with close friends.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I went to the Stanhope House, the legendary blues club in Stanhope, New Jersey. However, not much in the way of blues last night: a bluegrass band and a Grateful Dead tribute band. I was asleep in my chair by 10:30.

User Info Menu

The wife and daughter are out in California with family so I was home with our 2 year old pitt bull lap dog watching movies and sipping Bulleit Burbon, called the family at midnight then off to bed. Not very exciting but nice to relax at home, doesn't happen to often with working out of town/state most of the time.

User Info Menu

I played with a big band last night for new years eve party
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

I stayed up until 2 am last night. I seriously considered doing my best Keith Moon impression at midnight, but my daughter talked me out of it. (I should've done it anyway, it's not like anyone would've heard me over the neighborhood fireworks and the resulting barking from our dogs.)
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Have drums, will travel.

WARNING: Practical joke-playing drummer ahead!

User Info Menu

I had my fun in the afternoon. Went and played pick-up hockey. Don't get to play as much as i use to anymore but it felt great once I got loosened up.

Last edited by slinky; 01-02-2016 at 02:39 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

We played a gig from 9pm to 1am last night, then the bar fed us free breakfast. I got home about 3am and fell asleep about 5am (still on adrenaline rush). Woke up at 10am, ate, then headed back out to play another gig this afternoon from 4pm until 9pm. I just got home. 2 gigs and 9hrs of playing in the last 24hrs; I'm beat! Tomorrow is SLEEP DAY!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    We played a gig from 9pm to 1am last night, then the bar fed us free breakfast. I got home about 3am and fell asleep about 5am (still on adrenaline rush). Woke up at 10am, ate, then headed back out to play another gig this afternoon from 4pm until 9pm. I just got home. 2 gigs and 9hrs of playing in the last 24hrs; I'm beat! Tomorrow is SLEEP DAY!
    Life of a rock star.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Railroadin_saylor View Post
    Life of a rock star.
    Well....if "rock stars" have very little talent, a back ache, sore knees, an upset wife and basically no money to show for it....then I guess I might qualify

The first gig last night was brutal. Strange crowd. Average age was about 65yrs old. Half of them wanted more relaxed songs to dance slow, the other half wanted hard rock . We did a good mix and tried to cater to everyone. Everyone liked us, but someone was always wanting us to do something different or "play a song we know". It went well, very few really got into it, regardless of how much we worked the crowd. I have no desire to play there again.

This afternoon (different bar) went fantastic. We all messed up a few times because our brains and bodies were fried, but the crowd was really digging us. They were hootin' and hollerin', dancing on their chairs and singing along with their beers held up in the air We even booked a big outdoor festival gig for this summer from another local bar owner that was there and heard us. Funny how some crowds are accepting of unique styles, creative covers and different genres, and other crowds just want to hear the same old songs they've been listening to for 30yrs, LOL.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Played a NYE gig...home by 3am. Crashed. Got up at 9am thanks to my 3 crazy Doggies...played an early outdoor gig tonight 6-10pm. In bed surfing Drum Chat now. Another outdoor gig tomorrow night.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Watched a couple episodes of season 3 Wentworth on Netflix, In bed and asleep by 9:30.

User Info Menu

Boiled my first lobster (yes, i got live lobster in Czech Republic) and instead of going to this club for free, me, my gf and cat stayed here, watched all the fireworks people shoot off from my window (I can see all of south prague, so a nice view!) up til about 8am, mostly talking, other details not for this family site .

i've had some amazing things happen on NYE, and this was def one of the best!

User Info Menu

Dinner with Mrs. Pocket and asleep by 10:30. I know, boring. To me, NYE is amateur night. Plus, way to many drunks on the road.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Watched a couple episodes of season 3 Wentworth on Netflix, In bed and asleep by 9:30.
    Thats a great show, cannpt wait till 3rd season comes to netflix.. I just finally got HBO on demand and am hooked on Game of thrones. I am having a hard time finding episode 6 of season 2 though..arggghhhh
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

We were going to have a neighborhood "pub crawl" with about 8 other neighbors but several of the neighbors blew out of town for the Iowa Hawkeye's Rose Bowl game at the last minute. So 3 of us, the corner house, us and the house next to us all 3 got together and celebrated New Years at one house. Since we all live next door to each other, (us in the middle) is was a fun, eventful time and a safe WALK home.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I bet they wished they had stayed and partied with you guys. Iowa got b*tch slapped.

User Info Menu

Got a glutten free pizza for the wife and I. Sat in front of the fireplace sipping hot cocoa and watching the movie " Helter Skelter " the true story of Charles Manson and his followers. Basically just relaxed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    I bet they wished they had stayed and partied with you guys. Iowa got b*tch slapped.
    I know, right? From the very first play you could tell it wasn't going to be pretty. The Hawks had their best season ever to get to the Rosebowl but were not there to play. At least it wasn't a shut out.

We had 4 tickets that were acquired from one of my wife's clients but sold them. It was a much more comfortable loss from my couch. Plus, I recorded it so I could fast forward through all the commercials.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Being a Husker, I know how you feel. All those years rolling through the Big8/12 undefeated and ranked high, only to get annihilated in a bowl game. Honestly, there was something oddly fun about being a 5-7 team this year and going to a bowl game. Nothing to lose or prove....no disappointment, even if we lost. There's always next year!
    -Brian

User Info Menu

"Last Night" is finally over. Let's hope that 2017 is better than last year.

3 fingers of Johnny Walker (15 times) will do that to you.

Who won the election?