Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of my band

User Info Menu

Default Video of my band

I finally figured out how to get videos uploaded off the Zoom Q2 and onto YouTube, LOL. Now, I not sure how to get them posted on here...lets see if this works...

https://youtu.be/Ze6R-xrrmp4

How do you get the actual video to show up without a link?
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 01-11-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: Video of my band

nope. LOL

However, if you have it available on YouTube, copy the URL web address, come here to post in the advanced post and click the YouTube link and paste your web address in there. It should work.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

testing for you....

Last edited by Bish; 01-11-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

well not sure what I did or didn't do correctly but by using the YouTube link that should have worked. I'm so unlucky. No I haven't purchase a powerball ticket, either. I already know how that turns out. Sheesh.

Got it fixed. Going away now.

Sounded good. Wish there was a better view of the drummer and what is it with all those people. How rude. LOL!!
    Last edited by Bish; 01-11-2016 at 02:51 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hmm. Well, I think the link works now? I'll have to check out the advanced section.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yep, it worked....whatever you did, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yep, it worked....whatever you did, LOL.
    I basically just opened a "new post" window in advanced mode. That gives an option above the text box to use a YouTube link.

Once you click that you see the html code "[ YT ] (paste your URL addess here) [ /YT ]."

Just paste your YouTube web url in between the brackets ]...[ and submit.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

The music stand took center stage! Darn it, I couldn't see the drummer! Sounded good man. PDP kit right? Was the kit mic'd up? I couldn't hear the snare...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    The music stand took center stage! Darn it, I couldn't see the drummer! Sounded good man. PDP kit right? Was the kit mic'd up? I couldn't hear the snare...
    Yep, PDP kit....no mics. The Sig hats and 2002 cymbals really cut, almost too much. The hats and snare sound almost the same. I think I need to mic the kit, especially the bass. At least when we have so much going on instrumentally. You could here the drums a little better in person....but still a lot of guitars to overcome. I have a few others to post, which may be better (sound wise).
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yep, PDP kit....no mics. The Sig hats and 2002 cymbals really cut, almost too much. The hats and snare sound almost the same. I think I need to mic the kit, especially the bass. At least when we have so much going on instrumentally. You could here the drums a little better in person....but still a lot of guitars to overcome. I have a few others to post, which may be better (sound wise).
    Great "pocket" you created that night!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Great "pocket" you created that night!
    Thanks! If only I didn't have so many holes in my pocket

That was a long day. It was a mid-afternoon gig and we had played until 1:00am the night before. I was so fried (physically and mentally) that I didn't get to adventurous, LOL. I have 3 or 4 more videos. A couple more Blues, a country folk (John Prine), some country swing, bluegrass, etc..
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Yep, great Blues pocket. Looks like the people are really enjoying the music ... thanks for posting ...

User Info Menu

I agree with ^^^^^^^ Sounded good.

User Info Menu

sounds good. Wish I could see you play though lol

User Info Menu

Brian, that was awesome! I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting up here.

Tex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    sounds good. Wish I could see you play though lol
    Nothin' to see, really. I'm the ugliest one, which is why they stick me in the back I think on some of the other videos you'll be able to see my right arm, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Yep, great Blues pocket. Looks like the people are really enjoying the music ... thanks for posting ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I agree with ^^^^^^^ Sounded good.
    Thanks guys! On a side note, the sax player is a good friend of mine from a previous band. That was the first time he ever sat in with us, so it kinda turned into a rambling jam (as you can tell, LOL). He JUST finished the last of his chemotherapy treatments the week before. He had cancer on the side of his neck. It was awesome to hear him play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Brian, that was awesome! I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting up here.

Tex
    Thanks Tex! We ain't exactly up to your level, but it don't stop us from having fun.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

WOW Nice job bud, great time keeping and I like the feel you gave that one. I agree with your assesment of the 2002's. I used to own a set of those and thought the same thing. My only recommendation would be to mic the BD. That Band Looks like alot of fun, thanks for sharing.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

That does it! I'm coming to Nebraska!!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Nice job. Band sounds great. Good blues pocket.

User Info Menu

OK.....lets see if I can post another one correctly this time.

Last edited by N2Bluz; 01-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Hmmm guess not. I can get the [yt] brackets in the advanced post mode, but I guess I don't know how or where the URL code is....

http://youtu.be/CtaRymGLj-Y
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 01-12-2016 at 10:52 AM.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

I don't think you are getting enough of the URL. It's in the address bar of your web browser.

Like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtaR...ature=youtu.be

Then when you click the Youtube link, paste it in the Youtube link...

Signature here

User Info Menu

it's not good if they're not dancing! well done, i loved it.
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I don't think you are getting enough of the URL. It's in the address bar of your web browser.

Like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtaR...ature=youtu.be

Then when you click the Youtube link, paste it in the Youtube link...

We covered this song too! Good job. Are you singing any harmonies on this one Brian?