Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video of my band

User Info Menu

Default Re: Video of my band

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I don't think you are getting enough of the URL. It's in the address bar of your web browser.

Like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtaR...ature=youtu.be

Then when you click the Youtube link, paste it in the Youtube link...

Ahh. Thanks! I was looking for a drop down menu code from the video...kinda like the IMG code for a pic. I'll keep trying, I got a few more vids of some different styles of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamastar View Post
    it's not good if they're not dancing! well done, i loved it.
    Thanks! You'll see most of the same girls dancing in most all these, LOL. But hey, where the girls go to dance sleazy, the guys follow. Guys tell me "I don't like Blues"....until they see the girls dancing. Then they're suddenly a fan, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    We covered this song too! Good job. Are you singing any harmonies on this one Brian?
    Great! Now I know who to call if I need a fill-in for a gig! Air fare may be a problem, however. Can you fly to NE and back for your $60 cut?

I didn't sing at all this gig. I can play guitar and sing, but haven't done it much while playing drums. That's a goal for this year. However, my brother is the one singing Angel from Montgomery. We cover several other John Prine songs, "Paradise" and "Spanish Pipe Dream", "That's the way the world goes Round", "Pretty Good, Can't Complain".......were big Prine fans.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

The last of the videos I have. Sound quality is poor, and not our best performances, but these were all just to have something to play for bar owners when the ask what kind of music we play. Unfortunately, I don't have any videos of the classic Rock we do. Stuff like the Stones, Tom Petty, John Melloncamp, Neil Young, Skynard, Grand Funk, Beatles, CCR, Dylan, Supertramp. We also do some Johnny Cash, Bob Wills & Texas Playboys, Willie, Waylon.....pretty much anything is fair game.

Another Blues, done in our own arrangement...

An Electric style Bluegrass...
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 01-19-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    The last of the videos I have. Sound quality is poor, and not our best performances, but these were all just to have something to play for bar owners when the ask what kind of music we play. Unfortunately, I don't have any videos of the classic Rock we do. Stuff like the Stones, Tom Petty, John Melloncamp, Neil Young, Skynard, Grand Funk, Beatles, CCR, Dylan, Supertramp. We also do some Johnny Cash, Bob Wills & Texas Playboys, Willie, Waylon.....pretty much anything is fair game.
    We gotta work on the staging. Can't see the drummer if my life depended on it!

User Info Menu

Sounds good.

User Info Menu

LOL. You can't imagine how much work it took to get the guys to this point. I finally got them to quit stacking their guitar amps up in front of my bass drum! It's tough when you have 7 guys and all the different instruments. Most local (small town) bars aren't even set up properly for a band. Finding electrical outlets is always an issue. And that music stand.........good grief. The mandolin player actually sings the most. He's in his late '60s and suffers from memory issues. Even with the music stand, he still forgets lyrics to songs he's sang for 20 years. We have a LOT of improvements to make on all fronts, but we're making progress.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Most local (small town) bars aren't even set up properly for a band.
    Tell me about it. A friend asked me to do a last minute gig once. I agreed and felt excited about debuting my USA Customs. Come to find out, the pool table made more money than we did that night.

User Info Menu

Haha. That's classic. Good application for a Cajon. Pool tables are a waste of space unless they get used on a regular basis and draw people in. I was in a band years ago and our lead player ran a gaming rental business. He owned most of the pool tables and video games in all the bars within 3 counties. We got a ton of gigs, because he knew all the bar owners. On the other hand, we had to move all his pool tables ourselves every time we played somewhere. Actually, I love playing places like that. The people usually appreciate it, and it provides more of a personal atmosphere.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Actually, I love playing places like that. The people usually appreciate it, and it provides more of a personal atmosphere.
    I agree but sometimes you just gotta say "no". I was 15 feet from the edge of the bar at this gig. Bartender couldn't hear his drink orders and kept telling us "you guys are too loud"! Crowd had a good time but we were never invited back. Go figure...

User Info Menu

/\ That looks like someone's basement and not a bar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Tell me about it. A friend asked me to do a last minute gig once. I agreed and felt excited about debuting my USA Customs. Come to find out, the pool table made more money than we did that night.

Pool table would make a cool drum riser in that situation. Lol
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    /\ That looks like someone's basement and not a bar.
    hahaha..The bar was appropriately named "The Cellar".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Pool table would make a cool drum riser in that situation. Lol
    Are you kidding lol?? We couldn't even put our stuff on top of the pool table as we were setting up...

User Info Menu

I finally figured out how to get videos uploaded off the Zoom Q2 and onto YouTube, LOL. Now, I not sure how to get them posted on here...lets see if this works...

https://youtu.be/Ze6R-xrrmp4

How do you get the actual video to show up without a link?

Great Job!

Take Care
    Jim
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    No I haven't purchase a powerball ticket, either. I already know how that turns out. Sheesh.

Bish, one of the powerball winners just lives about 6-7 miles from me.

Take care!
    JIm
    Take care and seeya!

Jim