Thread: Bass drum mod for kd120/140

User Info Menu

Default Bass drum mod for kd120/140

Anyone know where you can get custom reso heads made for the roland kick drums. I gig with my td30 and want to get something related to my band made up. Maybe even for the shells. Anyone know anywhere. Or what it may actually be called?
    Thanks!
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bass drum mod for kd120/140

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    Anyone know where you can get custom reso heads made for the roland kick drums. I gig with my td30 and want to get something related to my band made up. Maybe even for the shells. Anyone know anywhere. Or what it may actually be called?
    Thanks!
    Stevo,
    Have not seen a reso-side/Roland bass drum head/cover customizer and would be interested if anyone else has. Love Roland, but if you are gigging with these, does not mean we all need to advertise that audience-facing logo!

Checked the usual suspects (drumart, etc.) and no word on mesh heads, let alone options in the needed small size range.

Short of custom reso-side head art options, something in front of the drum, but with minimal footprint, may be an alternate options. Ready made option, funds permitting, is to get a skinny bass drum-(only 6 inches wide), black finish, to slide in front of the kit/bass drum, and then use that standard reso head for the logo. Would need to work out the size with the Roland kit, however, to make sure it is not outsized in comparison. (Believe the skinny bass drums are 6x22--so they may overwhelm the lower profile of the Roland kit.) Or, and double check existing threads on this, a broken floor tom or small bass drum may provide other cutting down/Roland kit-fronting options.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bass drum mod for kd120/140

Thanks tadman. I found nm custom drums who make a vinked plate but they have gone dormant the last 9 months. Im waiting for a reply now. Thanks for all the help
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters