Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAMM 2016 Rumors and desires

User Info Menu

Default Re: NAMM 2016 Rumors and desires

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I was thinking 16" depth would be better than 18 but I am not really sure as all I have ever really heard is 22x18 and a few 22x20's
    Agreed!!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EddieV View Post
    Don't forget....Lockheed Martin built the new F-35 using the same material found on Silverfox sticks.

Does that mean that they're behind schedule and way over budget.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Apparently Zildjian will be introducing a new 'S' series range of cymbals at NAMM 16 to replace the ZHT line.

I've just watched a youtube vid of a drummer named Gabor Dornier giving a lesson on Drummeo using a new Zildjian 17" thin S series crash. I don't know if they are sticking to the B12 formula, but they describe the range as 'affordable' It sounds pretty good, but I don't know if there is lots of sound treatments/compression/studio skulduggery going on.

I'm rather cynical as the sound files of the ZHT range also sound good to me, but in real life - not so good, My ZHT 16" china sounds NOTHING like the sound file, not even remotely.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    Apparently Zildjian will be introducing a new 'S' series range of cymbals at NAMM 16 to replace the ZHT line.

I've just watched a youtube vid of a drummer named Gabor Dornier giving a lesson on Drummeo using a new Zildjian 17" thin S series crash. I don't know if they are sticking to the B12 formula, but they describe the range as 'affordable' It sounds pretty good, but I don't know if there is lots of sound treatments/compression/studio skulduggery going on.

I'm rather cynical as the sound files of the ZHT range also sound good to me, but in real life - not so good, My ZHT 16" china sounds NOTHING like the sound file, not even remotely.
    played them yesterday at NAMM, very impressed with the sound. I was told its a different blend of alloy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tamastar View Post
    i'm looking forward to the new yamaha pedal line (if it's happening), I've always been a big fan of their hardware.
    i talked to the Yamaha rep yesterday at the show and was told that the new pedal in in development and will probably be at next years NAMM. He also told me that he had played a prototype of the pedal and was impressed. so i guess we wait.

User Info Menu

Zildjian has their new lines up on the website now.

The S line and A Avedis (a vintage line, throwback to the 1930s-60s era). Thought that's what Kerope was but I'm sure there is a difference.