Thread: Sabian14" AAXplosion hi hats

User Info Menu

Default Sabian14" AAXplosion hi hats

I got the AAXplosion hats a few weeks ago and with the new hi hat stand,they have really came alive. My old stand was junk and falling apart,not holding the cymbals right.
    The bell is bigger then normal hats and they do sound a bit clangy,but when close and a little loose they sound freaking awesome!
    I seen a pair of 16" AAXplosion hats but thought they would be to big and not sound right. I use to use HHX Evolution 14" hats,but I think I am more satisfied now with the AAX line and appreciate it more then I did in the past. I am also using AAXplosion crashes and they compliment them well.

8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian14" AAXplosion hi hats

Nice! I want to check out the 14" HHX Evo hats but stores near me don't have 'em.

What didn't you like about them?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

They are a bit clangy here and there but other then that I like them. If the bottom hat was just a little heavier they'd be perfect.
    If you are wanting the evolution hats,you won't be disappointed with them. I haven't heard any hats sound as good and be as versatile then the evolution hats. If I found another pair for the right price,I'd pick them up with hesitation.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

I have the 14" hats. Totally Love them. So many different sounds, and they can be quite loud. Since owning these, I have really paid more attention to my hi hat technique. Great definition.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the review. The bell on the AAX hats is big! I got a pair of vintage 19" Zildjian A's I want to try out as hats but the 16" seems to be a better bet.