Thread: Practice pad

User Info Menu

Default Practice pad

I am looking for a new practice pad.....any suggestions on what pad gives the most "drum like feel"......?????

User Info Menu

Default Re: Practice pad

I like the Evans 2-Sided Practice Pad.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

I like the Real Feel pads.

User Info Menu

Real Feel????

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I use a 10" Remo that I fouond on craigs list for $5.00. It was in good shape, and I like that I can use it on a stand or just by itself, and you can adjust the tension on the head. Works for me when I don't have the time to sit on my set and play. Helps keep the chops limber. And at almost 60, I can use all the help that I can get................lol
    "You can never legislate stupidity, because there is no power in this world that can prevent it."-My Dad after watching his golf partner trying to hit a ball through a grove of trees.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veafer View Post
    I use a 10" Remo that I fouond on craigs list for $5.00. It was in good shape, and I like that I can use it on a stand or just by itself, and you can adjust the tension on the head. Works for me when I don't have the time to sit on my set and play. Helps keep the chops limber. And at almost 60, I can use all the help that I can get................lol
    I also own a 10" Remo..............it is considered the old standard.
    Many drummers use this product...............but it is loud compared to others.
    In addition, I recently acquired a 6" Vic Firth..............it is much quieter and a bit softer than the Remo.
    I like them both.
    And both have adaptors on the back so you can mount to a cymbal stand, if you wish.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I use the 12" vic firth single side. Very quiet pad with good rebound. Not too springy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Real Feel on a PDP snare stand ...

User Info Menu

RealFeel ... I use a Neepad mostly.
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH