Thread: Ok..one more rescue dog .

User Info Menu

Default Ok..one more rescue dog .

A few weeks back I brought home a German Shepherd . Well last night the dogs were barking at the wash that's overgrown with buffel grass that runs in front of my house . This morning I saw that it was a puppy . There are coyotes that live in the lot between the house and the freeway (I-19) . Lucky for her she wasn't their dinner last night ! I brought her in and fed her . The other dogs took to her right away , I guess because she's so small .
    No collar or microchip . I took her to the vets at the end of the street where they checked for a chip and then took pictures . She gave her the once over then I brought her home .
    I have a chainlink fence and all the dogs like to sit on the driveway keeping watch . She sits with them . Hopefuly the owners will walk down my street and see her , and take her home .
    She is thin , like she wasn't well fed . I named her Cookie . She comes when I call her , tail wagging , and she lickes my face ... such a sweetie . Going to put up flyers at the supermarket at the other end of the street . But if no one claims her by next week I'm going to keep her . The vet said "come back in a week and we'll put her on the puppy plan" . Will do !
    Rudy .

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ok..one more rescue dog .

Nice of you to take them in and keep them fed and safe. My wife follows a local lost pets group on FB where people can post photos and notifications of pets that look lost, abandoned, malnourished, abused, etc in an attempt to reunite them with their owners or find kind owners like yourself to take them in and give them a happy, loving home ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Nice of you to take them in and keep them fed and safe. My wife follows a local lost pets group on FB where people can post photos and notifications of pets that look lost, abandoned, malnourished, abused, etc in an attempt to reunite them with their owners or find kind owners like yourself to take them in and give them a happy, loving home ...
    Yea I'm part of one here too ! I posted her on it .
    The side of town I live on is ..well lower middle class . Most people out here have pit bulls to keep their yards safe from tweekers and thieves .
    I don't think the owners will be looking for her . She is really thin . Has a good appetite . She got her first de worming from the vet an hour ago .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Pretty puppy but she has a worried face.

User Info Menu

Nice job!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Yea I'm part of one here too ! I posted her on it .
    The side of town I live on is ..well lower middle class . Most people out here have pit bulls to keep their yards safe from tweekers and thieves .
    I don't think the owners will be looking for her . She is really thin . Has a good appetite . She got her first de worming from the vet an hour ago .
    Rudy .
    We have a lot of pit bulls in my neck of the woods too. People fight them here and pick up [or steal] dogs like this to use for sparring. You may have saved her from a similar fate.

A few days ago local law enforcement discovered a dog fighting camp with piles of dead dogs that had been used for sparring. Don't understand why they chose to broadcast this on the local media. It would have made more sense to just remain quiet about it and stake out the area so they could catch the low lifes in the act and arrest them.

User Info Menu

You're a good man. Adorable dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I too have a dog named Cookie. Coincidence or what?

all the best...

User Info Menu

You're a very kind person Jedi, my hat is off to you and she's a cutie for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    We have a lot of pit bulls in my neck of the woods too. People fight them here and pick up [or steal] dogs like this to use for sparring. You may have saved her from a similar fate.

A few days ago local law enforcement discovered a dog fighting camp with piles of dead dogs that had been used for sparring. Don't understand why they chose to broadcast this on the local media. It would have made more sense to just remain quiet about it and stake out the area so they could catch the low lifes in the act and arrest them.
    We're seeing a substantial increase in the number of Pittys that come in the local shelter where my wife works. 99.9% are wonderful dogs, no different than any other breed. The problem is they are very hard to adopt out. People who would give them a quality home are very apprehensive about the breed. They have to be held to a higher behavioral standard than other breeds, just to counteract their reputation. It's very sad. Unfortunately, people who should never be allowed to own ANY breed of dog always seem to go for a Pit, just because of their reputation. Because these people are irresponsible pet owners, the dogs end up in the shelter. It's a self perpetuating cycle.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

When I take my boys for their walks we usually run into a pit bull who has managed to get out of it's yard . Only one time did one come charging at my dogs . I managed to kick it just right on it's shoulder sending it flying under a car . It got up and hightailed it the other way ! I always get between them and my dogs . I can control my boys and I will protect them first . But usually just a loud command "No...back!" and they back off . We had two once just join us in our walk . Jumped right in like they belonged . LOL Everyone sniffed each other and all was good . They broke off as soon as we got back to where they jumped in .
    I find a lot of people selling pit puppies on street corners or on Craigslist . The shelter is full of unwanted pits . It is sad .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    We're seeing a substantial increase in the number of Pittys that come in the local shelter where my wife works. 99.9% are wonderful dogs, no different than any other breed. The problem is they are very hard to adopt out. People who would give them a quality home are very apprehensive about the breed. They have to be held to a higher behavioral standard than other breeds, just to counteract their reputation. It's very sad. Unfortunately, people who should never be allowed to own ANY breed of dog always seem to go for a Pit, just because of their reputation. Because these people are irresponsible pet owners, the dogs end up in the shelter. It's a self perpetuating cycle.
    Yes, this is true in my area as well. It is sad.

User Info Menu

Great rescue Rudy! Thanks for making my day. Pretty puppy!

User Info Menu

you are truly a great man!!

I thank you for your kind heart!

User Info Menu

Nice looking dog, don't really look too thin in the picture. Hopefully she finds her way back home.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Nice looking puppy.

I'd keep it, too.
    Signature here