Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meinl Byzance Extra Dry Cymbal Series

User Info Menu

Default Re: Meinl Byzance Extra Dry Cymbal Series

Dude! you could find a Mapex Saturn for that price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Dude! you could find a Mapex Saturn for that price.
    Unfortunately, I don't have room for another kit...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't have room for another kit...
    late8,you are the man no matter what you go for! Some of those cymbals sound pretty cool!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    late8,you are the man no matter what you go for! Some of those cymbals sound pretty cool!
    Thanks doc!!

User Info Menu

I think I found my set up. The 18" Byzance Jazz Extra Thin Crash listed at bottom is not shown in this pic.

Last edited by late8; 03-17-2016 at 04:15 PM.

User Info Menu

that looks great! those seem like they would go together well too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lukesplat12 View Post
    that looks great! those seem like they would go together well too.
    I must confess, it's Mike Johnston's current set up I found on Meinl's website. This combination sounds amazing but I noticed not once did he hit the stacked cymbals next to his 20" crash :(

Last edited by late8; 03-17-2016 at 04:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I could definitely rock those. Meinl has done some great things in the past few years. It's so refreshing to see cymbals like this being readily available. A decade ago I had a really tough time finding cymbals like these but now they seem to be a lot more common. The only Meinl I own is a 22" Byzance Jazz club, which is a flat, rivited cymbal and its been part of my main setup since, which is saying a lot because I only use a set of hats and 2 rides which double as crashes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Exotic Matter View Post
    Yeah, I could definitely rock those. Meinl has done some great things in the past few years. It's so refreshing to see cymbals like this being readily available. A decade ago I had a really tough time finding cymbals like these but now they seem to be a lot more common. The only Meinl I own is a 22" Byzance Jazz club, which is a flat, rivited cymbal and its been part of my main setup since, which is saying a lot because I only use a set of hats and 2 rides which double as crashes.
    That's a pretty cool set up Exotic. I drove my son to his guitar lesson yesterday and as I was waiting for his lesson to wrap up, I looked around the store's cymbal vault and stumbled upon the 21" Byzance Mike Johnston Transition ride I have on my list of cymbals to check out. It's a "must get" for me now that I've heard it in person. It's got a great tone and it's crashable too!!