After struggling with a sloppy P85 snare strainer since purchasing the 5x14" Black Beauty six years ago, it finally failed on me yesterday as I was practicing rudiments in the garage. I flipped the snares off to get a better listen to how cleanly I was playing the double stroke roll and when I flipped the snare wires back on, I got nothing. The snare lever had no resistance and moved freely from side to side.

Took off the batter head and strainer and found a missing pin and washer that held the lever and the snare wire mechanism together.

Luckily, I found the pin on the carpet below the snare but the washer was never found.

From day one, the P85 always had play at the strainer (arrow) and the loose sloppy action of the lever gave me no confidence it would work when I needed it. You would think a snare that sells for $729 USD would come with a better snare strainer? I know some who've owned the BB with the P85 had not one issue with it but after researching, I'm in good company. There are many who've had this same problem too.

Would of, should of could of...Going to upgrade to the P86 ($45+tax).