Thread: Master pedal moving both beaters? Help!

User Info Menu

Default Master pedal moving both beaters? Help!

I have an Iron Cobra double pedal and I'm having probably the dumbest problem ever. I disconnected the master pedal to mess with the chain and now the master pedal moves both beaters. All I did was take the screws holding the chain off then put them back on, which has been touched a billion times. I've disconnected and reconnected and tightened everything I can think of and the only way the second beater stays put is if I hold it while putting pressure on the master pedal. What am I doing wrong? This is so unusual and ridiculous!

Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Master pedal moving both beaters? Help!

Ummmmm????

Weird. Did you happen to slide the master over just a little to where it may be touching the slave just enough to grab it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Master pedal moving both beaters? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissus View Post
    I have an Iron Cobra double pedal and I'm having probably the dumbest problem ever. I disconnected the master pedal to mess with the chain and now the master pedal moves both beaters. All I did was take the screws holding the chain off then put them back on, which has been touched a billion times. I've disconnected and reconnected and tightened everything I can think of and the only way the second beater stays put is if I hold it while putting pressure on the master pedal. What am I doing wrong? This is so unusual and ridiculous!

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to DC.

Without a pic, it'll be hard to see exactly what happened. If possible, knock out a few posts and then you'll be able to post pics.

Which IC model is it?