So, forgive me if this is a newb question...

Sibelius 7 has flexitime, and though it's not perfect, if I use it to play out some simple rhythms on my midi-keyboard it's pretty accurate and saves me time inputting rhythms otherwise (and feels more musical and intuitive when assisting in the writing process..)

I also own a Roland HPD-20 Handsonic, and I tried inputting via midi so I could actually play the rhythms as though they were on a drum (I am writing for drumline, after all..) but Sibelius wouldn't recognize it. Everything I write is simple enough for flexitime like I said, but it would be nice to use two hands for faster tempos instead of one finger on one key, etc.)

I'd love to start writing in larger part with flexitime, and while I realize some of you might think back to Drumline the movie and say "Oh god here's another of those guys that wants to do that" and laugh, it really would save me tons of time in the long term. (I write and teach for a college drumline that learns several shows in a single season, etc. Weekend-warrior writing sessions can be grueling.)

Does anybody happen to know any program apart from Sibelius, like Finale or even lesser known notation software that has a decent "flexitime" or similar feature? And furthermore, would they accept midi input for notation aside from keyboards? Perhaps the Roland SPD-30, HPD-20... I'd be willing to buy anything that worked in the interest of being able to produce more content more quickly. Perhaps I can do it with sibelius and just have been unable to recognize that I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help/suggestions!!! Happy to repost this somewhere else if there's a better place for it.