Thread: Yamaha 450K - Ride Cymbal much softer than crash

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha 450K - Ride Cymbal much softer than crash

hi all

recently bought a 2nd-hand Yamaha KTX450 e-drum kit.

I've noticed that the ride cymbal needs to be hit much harder than the other cymbals/pads to produce a similar volume. On some of the kit settings the ride barely makes any sound. It does work, but just quite softly.

Is this normal on this set?

I noticed in the manual that there is something about adjusting 'velocity' of an individual pad. Would this help?

thank you

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha 450K - Ride Cymbal much softer than crash

Download the free DTX400 Touch app and see if it helps. You can adjust all of the 10 kits to your liking. This is a great little kit but I do have to say the app is not user friendly or intuitive . However , if you are a techie type you will probably have no problem. (I am technically -challenged so I have not made any changes to my DTX450 !). Really enjoy this kit.

User Info Menu

Hi bob
    Do you know if the app will work on the 450k? I think the pads n pedals are different to the 400k?

Cheers

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure it works with any 400 kit but best to check with Yamaha by going onto their website. I think the "brains" are all the same for the 400 series. As I say , its not particularly user friendly and the instructions in the manuals would put anyone to sleep , but if you do it right I'm sure it would work.

User Info Menu

If its second hand maybe the trigger in side is worn. I don't know about this specific kit but there is normally a way to set the gain for each pad too. Maybe its just turned down. You could also check your leads and input output jacks to be sure there isn't an issue there.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters