Thread: Drum case

User Info Menu

Default Drum case

Hi all, I am looking for a case to carry my Roland td30 k kit. I have one at the moment made by drum tec but it hasn't lasted as I use it alot to transport to and from rehearsals and gigs. So just wondering if there is anything stronger out there? Many thanks Andy.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum case

Welcome to the forum Andy. Since you made a pretty expensive investment, I would suggest protecting the Roland ekit with the Ahead e-kit insert along with the Ogio hardware sleds. The insert itself is pretty pricey at $87.00 USD and the Ogio hardware sleds vary in price depending on what size you purchase.

Quote from Ahead:

"The electronic case insert by Ahead Armor is a high-quality electronic drum case designed to fit directly into both the medium (AA5038W) and large (AA5048W) Ogio hardware sleds. This innovative case was designed to transport electronic drums with maximum comfort and portability. It has many unique and innovative features such as plush removeable dividers, dx-core internal padding, super plush fleece lining and premium water resistant exterior to ensure maximum protection and durability."

User Info Menu

A good name is "Deltic"

User Info Menu

I carry my SPD around in a padded cymbal bag, easy to carrier than most alternatives and it's really quite protected if you slot it inbetween fluffy cymbal sleeves from the case. Loads of room for other stuff too!