View Poll Results: What Bass Drum Size and depth?!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 22"x18

10 45.45%
  • 20"x18

8 36.36%
  • 20"x20

4 18.18%

Thread: Building a custom Pork Pie Kit! Need opinions...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Building a custom Pork Pie Kit!!

So I was going to hold this back but I can't!! You guys know me I get to excited! But I'm also looking for some advice.

I'm working directly with Bill from Pork Pie and we are going to build his Maple/Zebrawood kit to my exact specifications. The wife saw this kit while I was looking into new kits and said I ABSOLUTELY HAD to buy it. But I wasn't sold on the sizes until I called Pork Pie directly and today I officially signed with Pork Pie as he was so great to chat with on the phone. He's going to make the kit to any specs I want.

So my plan is to do a shallow tom setup which is new for him. He's excited because he's never done a shallow tom setup with this kit. I'm going to do an 8x7, 10x7, 12x8 high tom. 14x12 and 16x14 floor tom. I'm also going to run dual snare drums of course... both 13x7 and a 14x6.5.

But my BIGGEST debate is the bass drum. With my PDP kit I love my super flat tom setup. I just wish they sat a hair lower... I'm only 5'7" and if I was a big taller it would be great. I'm already sitting pretty high and don't like going any higher. If my current kit had a 20 I feel it would be so perfect. But I also love the bass drum kick and punch and depth right now as a 22x18.

Do you guys think I should stick with a 22x18 or do you think I should go with the shorter 20x18? I've never played a 20" kick but I tested a couple out and they seemed to still be punchy. My other thought was also maybe trying a 22x20! get that cannon depth that I want. I don't know what to do help me out?!

Here's wht the finished kit will look like:

Better photo of the drums
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 09-21-2016 at 02:46 PM.