So after three years away from playing in bands due to my tour work, it looks like I have finally re-configured my time to allow me to do some gigs.

Without going into the music plans as this stage, I was originally going to use my studio set up, a standard sized hybrid kit using my expanded (32gb) 2Box module to avoid needing mics and to beef up the kit sound.

However, as it will just be pub gigs and with a very small kit footprint required that seems OTT and coupled with the hassle of two breakdowns /set ups for each gig I do if I were to use the above gear, I’ve decided to use a gig dedicated small 4 piece Tama Metro Jam acoustic with triggers.

So not wishing to move the 2Box about and while I also have the use of an SPD-SX, to make things even simpler, I am thinking of getting and using a TM-2 and loading some kits sounds from my library.

What are people thoughts on that though?
I only need the 4 triggers and a only a few kit sample changes during the show, but will I feel too limited by the TM-2 given my use of the 2Box and SPD-SX?

I might still use the SPD-SX to run BTs (yet to be decided), but any feedback from those who have also used multiple ‘e’ technologies and who now use or who have tried the TM-2, would be appreciated.

Cheers.