Thread: Gord Downie terminal brain cancer

User Info Menu

Default Gord Downie terminal brain cancer

The Canadian band The Tragically Hip has been one of my favourites for a long time. Today, the lead singer, Gord Downie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. A very sad day. Gord is an amazing performer with tons of energy, and a father of four.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gord Downie terminal brain cancer

Very sad day indeed. Thoughts go out to his family and friends...

User Info Menu

2016 has been a terrible year so far for this type of news. Best wishes to him and his family.
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

He will fight till the end. They say he will kick off his 10 city tour starting July 22 in Victoria B. C. and end it in Kingston on Aug 20. This will give his fans the opportunity to see for the last time. Man talk about dedication.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    He will fight till the end. They say he will kick off his 10 city tour starting July 22 in Victoria B. C. and end it in Kingston on Aug 20. This will give his fans the opportunity to see for the last time. Man talk about dedication.
    Yes...........................have you seen the Glen Campbell documentary ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Wow! That's going to be a special tour (shows) to attend knowing the outcome of what he's battling. Talk about an emotional event. I can't even fathom what the "goodbye encore" would be like at the end of each night on his final tour.

User Info Menu

Holy Moly! My wife's cousin went to school with him just outside of Kingston, Ontario

all the best...

User Info Menu

10 show dates in Canada. I'll definitely be going to their show here in August. I guess it will be the first and the last time I see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Wow! That's going to be a special tour (shows) to attend knowing the outcome of what he's battling. Talk about an emotional event. I can't even fathom what the "goodbye encore" would be like at the end of each night on his final tour.
    I just pray that after his tour he lives long enough to be able to spend his last days with his family. To me that would be the top priority if my life was about to end.

User Info Menu

I just pray that after his tour he lives long enough to be able to spend his last days with his family. To me that would be the top priority if my life was about to end.
    Well said Gilles!! Thank you for the "reality check". Yes, time with family for the last curtain call.