Thread: new drum set decisions

User Info Menu

Default new drum set decisions

I've narrowed it down to these few drum sets, I was hoping you guys could give your opinons........

or I was also considering buying a used drumset, most likely ludwig or if I'm extremely lucky DW.

By the way the gretsch set is this one: Renown Maple Series: RN-M024
    Last edited by lhebs0; 08-25-2006 at 04:16 PM.

User Info Menu

nice. i like them both.

User Info Menu

nice sets there those are actually the two brands i have been considering buying from myself. i really liked the mapex kits i played a friend's and also at guitar center, where i tried out some gretsch's as well. i would vote for the mapex kit.

User Info Menu

Consider used. If you know what you're buying, there are great deals to be had. In some cases you can get twice as much for your money. Best to buy local though so you can check things out up close.

User Info Menu

i thnk either set would be great, you can look around a bit first for a used set if you want to but i think it would be a waste of time...you can find really sweet deals but it's hard....most people buy a cheep kit for their beginner kit and then give up and sell it...those 2 kits you have pickied out are better than beginner kits for sure and it would be hard to find a used kit tht is better quality than those 2....although it is possible...i managed to find a old Ludwig from the 60s..so....just up to you if you want to spend the time or not...but in terms of those 2 new ones...i would go with the Gretsch, because their add spent more time talking about the quality and the add of the Mapex didn't mention the quality once...i'm sure though that that Mapex is still good quality though...and you get gig bags with it and it has high ratings...so to sum up i think allthough you'll get a little more with the Mapex, the Gretsch is probably going to be a little higher quality....so do you want good quality with more stuff or great quality with less stuff....the choice is yours...whahaha....

User Info Menu

Thanks for your oponions, I'll take them all into consideration when making my final decision.

User Info Menu

ive always been a fan of mapex myself.

User Info Menu

either one you choose you win...just see if you cant look for the same thing at a lower price..theres always that on the market these days
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

Both Drumsets are verry good sets,So pretty much You will win either way (As LucidDrummer212 would say)....