Thread: Frosty-9 Years

User Info Menu

Default Frosty-9 Years

I got Frosty 9 years ago today.

I had just left the trio I was playing with and I was going through a bad time mentally. The PTSD was kicking me in the a$$ for the 1st time in years, Rosanne was sick and back in the hospital, and a Marine 2nd Lt who wanted me court-martialed for saving his life (long story) was killed in a car crash. We only were together a couple of times, but he hated me with a passion. Anybody who has ever dealt with a Marine 2nd Lt knows they are the most arrogant ******** that ever lived. They are in the field for 20 minutes and they think they are Patton.

Anyway, Rosanne's daughter calls me and says that her and her sister are stopping past.

They walk in and put this absolutely scruffy little pup down, who promptly pees on the floor and then proceeds to run around like something was chasing her. I got down on the floor and she was jumping all over me and that "bond" was made right there, and while she loved Rosanne, she has always been "my little girl".

The picture was taken about a week after we got her. She really was a scruffy little thing.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Frosty-9 Years

I hear you Rick. Dog is your best friend who stands by you no matter what situation you face in life. Always there to greet you with the licks and wags, he also feels it when you are down and try to comfort you and make you feel better. Rick she will always be your little girl. You still have many years to enjoy her company cause 9 is not that old for a small dog.

User Info Menu

That's awesome. I agree, 9yrs is not that old for a small breed like that. I have an old Yorky-Poo that's probably around 14yrs. She's blind (missing one eye due to a fight, cataracts in the other), deaf and full of cancer. She's a "daddy's dog" and has to be on my lap when I'm home. When I'm not home, she sleeps in my chair and waits.
    Funny how those little dogs seem to gain control over grown men, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Haahahaa, funny, great story!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I hear you Rick. Dog is your best friend who stands by you no matter what situation you face in life. Always there to greet you with the licks and wags, he also feels it when you are down and try to comfort you and make you feel better. Rick she will always be your little girl. You still have many years to enjoy her company cause 9 is not that old for a small dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That's awesome. I agree, 9yrs is not that old for a small breed like that. I have an old Yorky-Poo that's probably around 14yrs. She's blind (missing one eye due to a fight, cataracts in the other), deaf and full of cancer. She's a "daddy's dog" and has to be on my lap when I'm home. When I'm not home, she sleeps in my chair and waits.
    Funny how those little dogs seem to gain control over grown men, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Haahahaa, funny, great story!

My concern with Frosty is the enlarged heart. While the medicine she's on works great, she could still die of a heart attack at any time.

User Info Menu

Cute dog Rick,may I ask what the medication is that she is on?

Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Cute dog Rick,may I ask what the medication is that she is on?

Mike

She's on Vetmedin. She was also on Furosimide with the Vetmedin but was weaned off the Furosimide last year to no ill effect.

User Info Menu

Looks like she is all about Mischief in that pic
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

She's a cutie Rick. I know she's your whole world right now.

User Info Menu

what a cute face lol

User Info Menu

hahaha! Cute! I had two English Bulldogs for nearly 11 years. I love dogs!

User Info Menu

I love big dogs, BUT, I have a soft spot for Chihuahuas, Pom-Poms, Rat Terriers and Yorkies.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear she has chf, I hope that she has many more years with you

Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Sorry to hear she has chf, I hope that she has many more years with you

Mike

So do I Mike, so do I.

The usual diagnosis is they die within 2 years. It's over 2 years now and she is still the same.

User Info Menu

Rick,

Your doggie is beautiful!

Our 3 year old girl Pembroke Welsh Corgi just went through a week of terrible sickness, vomiting, and pooping blood. We were terrified. Just today, she appears to finally have gotten through it all, after days of intensive care, IVs and meds. While we have another Corgi (a 6 year old boy), I honestly don't know what I would have done if we had lost her. I prayed for her recovery every day. I know exactly how you feel about yours. I hope she gets to stay with you for many more happy years.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare