Thread: So depressed not able to play my drums.

User Info Menu

Default So depressed not able to play my drums.

Money is so tight that I can't even finish my drum recording room. I just want to finish my room and start playing my drum again. What should have taken a week or two now might be a month or so. Even getting calls from organizations asking for money. Trying to catch up on bills is really getting to me. LOL I am even yelling at my dog about my problems and he just looks at me confused. Patients is not one of my strong parts. All I want to do is play drums and I can't even do that.

I was even thinking about selling my drums and just giving up for good. However I have invested to much money and time to throw all of it away. Maybe things will get better.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: So depressed not able to play my drums.

Take a break, get things in order, don't sell you're kit you will definitely regret it

Mike

User Info Menu

Gregg we all go through some financial difficulty and survive. Be patient and things will turn around for you man. Keep the kit or you will kick yourself for selling them when things get better. Good luck and be positive.

User Info Menu

About 6 months ago I got a text from a friend, if I was reading this, I am gone......it was a suicide note. I called him, no answer so I sent the cops to his house, they found him unconscious, OD'd on pills. He was saved and I learned debt, and a female had pushed him over the edge. 5 weeks later, he won $156,000 on the lottery.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    About 6 months ago I got a text from a friend, if I was reading this, I am gone......it was a suicide note. I called him, no answer so I sent the cops to his house, they found him unconscious, OD'd on pills. He was saved and I learned debt, and a female had pushed him over the edge. 5 weeks later, he won $156,000 on the lottery.
    Crazy. I bet he's thankful you found him!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I would put drums on hold for now. Once you have everything sorted out, you can enjoy drumming even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Hang in there Gregg. Have you ever talked to someone (like a debt management organization) about help getting the debt under control? My brother had huge amounts of debt about 15yrs ago. Most of it was due to mental issues with his wife (now EX-wife). He consulted with a debt management organization and they helped negotiate with his debtors, consolidated his debts, set up his budget and put him on a plan to dig out of his hole. Now, he owns his own storage business, has a modest house that's paid for, a new truck, new wife, outstanding credit and is planning his retirement within 10yrs.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Take a break, get things in order, don't sell you're kit you will definitely regret it

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Gregg we all go through some financial difficulty and survive. Be patient and things will turn around for you man. Keep the kit or you will kick yourself for selling them when things get better. Good luck and be positive.
    Hang in there buddy. Things will get better. I agree with these guys, Don't sell your kit, you will regret it. Best luck to you.

User Info Menu

I don't usually respond to these because the constant "whoas me" stuff runs thin, however, this time it seems pretty dire.

I'm going to go opposite to the trend here and say maybe it is time to liquidate some assets and get out of debt. Debt can be a suffocating thing. Seems like you're there. Sell your kits and anything else that you can to pay off your debt. You can always start over and buy a kit once you get back on your feet. Sometimes you just have to prioritize.

Good luck.
    Last edited by inthpktplayer; 07-01-2016 at 08:07 AM.

User Info Menu

Well after sleeping and reading all of your comments I have decided to pick myself up and brush myself off and resolve my problems. Getting depressed doesn't solve any problems. And selling my drums is not the answer. With all of the time and money spent on music it would be foolish to sell my drums. I need to slow down and work out the problem. Besides I still have my project to finish slowly. I just need to finish painting the room and put my drums up in it. I am not going to give up that easy. Goal is to make drum video's and get with a band and play some gigs to make alittle extra money on the side.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

There you go Gregg positive attitude and being optimistic is the sure cure for depression. Good luck we are behind you man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy79 View Post
    Money is so tight that I can't even finish my drum recording room........All I want to do is play drums and I can't even do that. I was even thinking about selling my drums and just giving up for good.
    This too shall pass.
    Your own signature says KEEP DRUMMING !
    Hang in there.

He owes you half.................$78K...............cough it up !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Why do you need paint to play your drums? Set them up and play them!

User Info Menu

I would not be surprised his ex would be knocking at his door now. Hope he doesn't answer cause that would be a mistake for sure.

User Info Menu

I feel the same a lot of days too. Thanks to my friends Jim Beam and Anhauser-Busch I get up and get around OK

all the best...

User Info Menu

They are the worst friends to turn to when in a down state they ( alcohol) will not make the problems go away.

User Info Menu

Keep the faith brother. Youve been bitten by the drum bug and really wouldnt be able to quit for good anyway. Hang in there things will get better.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago,big time financial problems. I even tried to write my cats off. Didn't work, but I like you thought about selling all my drum equipment and something told me don't do it. As others have said things did get better, got my finances square, new employment, the wife got a raise, and joined a new band. I not at where I was, but I have been able to replace some drum parts and buy a cymbal here and a stand there.