Thread: Manson Slipknot concert

User Info Menu

Default Manson Slipknot concert

Seats were center stage next to mixing and lighting boards

I went to a Marilyn Manson Slipknot & Of Mice And Men concert the other night. OMAM a So Cal band played pretty good drummer had a double bass setup couldn't tell the brand even through the bino's but they sounded good. I thought MM was headlining but he came out after and I don't know.... I've heard so much and seen so much press on the band that I guess I was expecting more. MM looked and acted wasted. I'm not the fittest person anymore but MM had a paunch that couldn't be hid very well even with the thing he was wearing. Him throwing out stacks of fake money with his picture and 666 emblazoned on the bills was his big theatric. At one point they brought out this big podium with all these mics attached to the top of it. Don't know what that was for really. He went to the top of it threw all the mics off and then came back down.

Slipknot closed. They had a really good light show and percussionists on both sides of the stage accenting things the drummer was doing. Drummer had a nice double kick set up but again couldn't tell what it was. I appreciate what they did but it was pretty much to my ears a big loud jumbled up wall of sound. Couldn't pick out any of the instruments. Could hardly tell what the drummer was doing with the percussionist's accenting everything. The lead singer of Slipknot had neck surgery earlier last month (June) but he sang good and seemed genuine in thanking the crowd. We left before it ended but after the last song he fell out. Passed out or something and had to be helped off stage. It was a hot day 90+ but he said in a tweet that he's fine.

This was only the second show of the tour but unless you're really into these bands and know their material you'd probably get more out of it than I did. Hope they have a good successful tour.
    Last edited by slinky; 07-02-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN