Thread: Still working on the new studio

User Info Menu

Default Still working on the new studio

I'm still working on the new studio. Just ordered from Amazon package of 24 acoustic panels 12"x12"x1" which will cover 24 square feet. Also I was trying to figure out how to put the panels up without adhesive spray. Well after looking at a video on youtube one guy uses small pins to put them up on his wall. He said that will not damage your wall or paint job because the pin holes are so small. And yes as soon as I get the room completed I will share my pics with you all.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Still working on the new studio

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy79 View Post
    I'm still working on the new studio. Just ordered from Amazon package of 24 acoustic panels 12"x12"x1" which will cover 24 square feet. Also I was trying to figure out how to put the panels up without adhesive spray. Well after looking at a video on youtube one guy uses small pins to put them up on his wall. He said that will not damage your wall or paint job because the pin holes are so small. And yes as soon as I get the room completed I will share my pics with you all.

Keep drumming
    Gregg
    The pins are a good idea. If you ever want to take the panels down you will just have some very small holes to fill. With the adhesive you end up ripping the Sheetrock, it's a mess. I had to remove a bunch of those panels on a job I was doing. They used adhesive, I had to skim coat the walls with joint compound after I pulled the panels off.