Thread: Looking for partime job as drummer

User Info Menu

Default Looking for partime job as drummer

Hello, I have decided to start looking for a partime job as a drummer in a band. My Mom and Dad invested a lot of time and money on me while I was learning to play percussions. The time and money that I also have invested in my music and building my recording studio I thought why not try to find a band. I am hoping I can find a band to practice with and play some gigs with to make alittle extra money with. But most of all I love entertaining people. Wish I was younger and could have made it in music professional and traveled around the world. I guess I just wasn't at the right place and the right time. I am sure I will fine a band if I start looking.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Looking for partime job as drummer

If you just want to play drums for money, you might also check local churches. Many of them rotate their musicians and also pay a little each time you're up.

Regardless, good luck with it.

User Info Menu

Or busk on street corners. I would suggest your smallest set for this.

all the best...

User Info Menu

We can't play on street corners in Oklahoma. That might be bad for my health.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy79 View Post
    We can't play on street corners in Oklahoma. That might be bad for my health.

Keep drumming
    Gregg
    Craigslist dude:

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/search/muc
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy79 View Post
    Hello, I have decided to start looking for a partime job as a drummer in a band. My Mom and Dad invested a lot of time and money on me while I was learning to play percussions. The time and money that I also have invested in my music and building my recording studio I thought why not try to find a band. I am hoping I can find a band to practice with and play some gigs with to make alittle extra money with. But most of all I love entertaining people. Wish I was younger and could have made it in music professional and traveled around the world. I guess I just wasn't at the right place and the right time. I am sure I will fine a band if I start looking.

Keep drumming

Gregg
    Have you ever played in a "regularly gigging" band before?
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Here's something from Drum Bum you might find helpful. I often refer students to it.

http://www.drumbum.com/drums/how-to-get-gigs.htm