Thread: Drumming DVDs? Which one?!

User Info Menu

Default Drumming DVDs? Which one?!

Hi all,

Recently I received a gift voucher for Amazon and thought I'd spend on a new drumming DVD. I'm intrigued by Benny Greb's new DVD, The Art and Science of Groove.

Can anyone suggest others to consider? Anything related to groove/time, technique, styles etc.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumming DVDs? Which one?!

Any Jojo Mayer DVD.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

There are a ton of great ones, it depends on what you're looking for. Steve Jordan's "The Groove Is Here" has a lot of really amazing information about feel and time, if you do any studio work I highly recommend checking it out. The Jojo Mayer dvds have some cool technique and practice ideas, same with Benny Greb's.
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed Steve Smith's Drumset Technique / History of the U.S. Beat ...

User Info Menu

Neil Peart's the art of a drum solo was pretty good. It comes with two booklets of sheet music too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Any Jojo Mayer DVD.
    +1

Jojo is very thorough, explains in simple language, and imo teachers what you really need.

if you want to try for yourself, check out ulozto.cz and you can download for free

Arrrr matey!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by __--byonin--__ View Post
    Hi all,

Recently I received a gift voucher for Amazon and thought I'd spend on a new drumming DVD. I'm intrigued by Benny Greb's new DVD, The Art and Science of Groove.

Can anyone suggest others to consider? Anything related to groove/time, technique, styles etc.
    I like Benny's first dvd if you havent seen it.. i forgot what its called. the language of drumming? maybe
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

Clayton Cameron has a great brushes DVD if you are into that.
    Life's too short to play the same solo twice. Improvise!

User Info Menu

Tommy Igoe Groove Essentials?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials, Groove Essentials 2.0 are very good. His Great Hands For a Lifetime is really good.